Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 2022 Mojo/Makai build questions

Hey Everyone,
    This is my first post here. I have a few questions about options and Models. I locked in my build date for next April since they were going fast my dealer told me I had plenty of time to figure out exactly the options I wanted. I built a Mojo with just about every option except the pro tower and with the new 2022 pricing it came in around 110k.
    I wanted to keep the price around 100k which was easy with the 2021 pricing but Moomba adding 10% to the 2022 makes it difficult.

The questions I have are on the options;

Is the pro tower worth the extra money or will the A3 fine? I don't have any height requirement I live on a lake and the boat will be stored mainly on a covered boat house. I do have young kids that I want to teach how to surf, will the side mount make it easier for them to learn?

Next is the surf pipe a must? We will mainly use the boat for surfing, I read that the pipe has a issues cracking over time. Has anyone had issues with exhaust without a surf pipe?

I'll mainly be using the boat for the family and my Kids don't like loud radios yet so I was thinking I could skimp on the tower speakers and go with the lowest option just basic tower speakers. Is this wise or should I go ahead and order the best even if I'm not going to use its full potential?

My musts were:

flow 3 system
    surf prop
    7" screen
    surf storage Bimini
    cool tech seats

Last Question, After getting the price for the Mojo with the options I wanted the price wasn't a lot more than the Makai because a lot of option are standard on the Makai. Can't decide if it would be better to get the Makai instead of the Mojo since the price points so close. I've never seen a Makai so it makes the decision harder and I've heard that the Makai looks huge even next to the mojo. I don't see us having more than 10 or so on the boat at a time so size isn't a big factor for me. I would appreciate any advise, help, comments. Thank you in advance!

You live on the lake = no upgrade to trailer (unless you travel anywhere else, then at least get a spare tire and rear tie downs)

I don't have the surf pipe being an older boat - but I will be adding it this winter. I don't like the exhaust and would like it a little quieter while teaching kids (most will say must and also much cheaper now than later)

Tower and stereo are opinions - I like loud music but teaching kids we barely use it. Wish I had side pulls!!!!

If you ever plan to sell it later down the road, everyone will want Pro tower, surf pipe, and large stereo (so think about length of ownership)

How big is your typical crew? Buy a boat for you and your family not everyone else. If storage isn't an issue, slip size isn't an issue, boat lift (if you have) can handle either mojo or makai, cost optioned is so close you cannot tell in your payment.....buy the bigger boat. But make sure you are still meeting your must. Does the '22 Makai have Cool tech?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Thank you for the reply.

Since I live on the lake I'm not planning on trailering the boat anywhere else. So I wasn’t planning on adding any trailer options.

I’ll post a my current build with 2022 prices. I definitely see your point on resale going with the pro tower. I’m thinking about adding the pro tower to my build.

I can get the tower pre-wired with a wet sound amp and buy my own speakers that would save 4600. (Not sure if that’s wise or not)

I was just trying to save a little money because I’m 10k over budget, it’s not a problem but I was trying to stay at or under 100k

Yes, you can order cool tech on the 2022 Makai. The dealer left cool tech off my build but he’s going to add it. He’s said it’s a 2k option I’d say well worth it
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mav16 View Post
    Thank you for the reply.

Since I live on the lake I'm not planning on trailering the boat anywhere else. So I wasn’t planning on adding any trailer options.

I’ll post a my current build with 2022 prices. I definitely see your point on resale going with the pro tower. I’m thinking about adding the pro tower to my build.

I can get the tower pre-wired with a wet sound amp and buy my own speakers that would save 4600. (Not sure if that’s wise or not)

I was just trying to save a little money because I’m 10k over budget, it’s not a problem but I was trying to stay at or under 100k

Yes, you can order cool tech on the 2022 Makai. The dealer left cool tech off my build but he’s going to add it. He’s said it’s a 2k option I’d say well worth it
    Is that base MSRP correct at $89,899

2021 MSRP was $78,640

14+% price increase?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Yeah, That's the new 2022 base from the dealer. He told me they were going up for 2022, Moomba hasn't updated their website with the new prices yet. I was basing my build off the website so the extra 14% was a little bit of a shock. If anyone has a different base price from their dealer let us know.

I had heard price increases would be larger than normal, but 14.5% is steep. Granted, maybe there is so new standard content that were option in 21.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I had heard price increases would be larger than normal, but 14.5% is steep. Granted, maybe there is so new standard content that were option in 21.

Hey used prices are up that much why not capitalize on it with the new boat market

In all seriousness all of our materials are up at minimum 14% from last year so it's not surprising at all.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Hey used prices are up that much why not capitalize on it with the new boat market

In all seriousness all of our materials are up at minimum 14% from last year so it's not surprising at all.
    I agree, but coupling a 14.5% price increase and dealers giving less discounts......you could be paying 20-25% more than last year.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

That’s the same base I got when I got my build price for a 22 mojo. The wife and I are are close to pulling trigger but don’t want to sell boat until next year closer to the June build. With the market like it is now we can make a good profit on our 12 mojo. Just wondering if it will hold like this till next season.

I didn’t do any trailer options. As I keep mine at the lake but tow every now and then.

Pro tower for sure.

Never thought we would be so serious about dropping 100k on a boat but since we practically live in the thing all summer it makes more sense.

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I agree, but coupling a 14.5% price increase and dealers giving less discounts......you could be paying 20-25% more than last year.

Our dealer told us they were not going below MSRP period (we got about 6% off 9 months ago), and the dealership fees are now $3000 when they were $300 9 months ago. All of that on top of a 14% increase in prices
    2021 Craz
    78 SJ Taylor Jet Boat
    94 SeaDoo
    2008 19SS Crownline- Traded