Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    If your dealer has no more open slots are you able to go to the next closest dealer? I get they have territories but money talks and well ya know..... I can’t believe SC would not let another dealer sell to you.
    I have tried going down that route. I've talked with two in state Supra/Moomba dealerships and multiple out of state dealerships. One out of state dealership told me outright they wanted their slot(s) to go to a local customer so they could provide service/storage and all that good stuff... understandable I guess given the market conditions and additional revenue potential versus a customer they'll rarely see again. That being said, many of these out of state dealerships are maybe only 30 minutes difference in drive time compared to my in state dealers. Some of the other dealerships just have not been good about getting back to me despite multiple outreach attempts. The closest Moomba only dealer hasn't bothered to respond or provide quotes. Selling boats is too easy and customers don't matter as much it seems.

One in state Moomba/Supra dealer that is very engaged has tried but has been unable to secure any more Supra slots. I’d like to give them my business but my options are not what I’d like them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    If I wanted a new Supra and none were available to order before the 22’s were even announced, I would not be ok settling for a Moomba.
    Not that Moomba isn’t an outstanding boat with awesome features/performance etc...but knowing you wanted a Supra and couldn’t buy one.
    Every time you see a Supra you will be pissed.
    Yeah, I keep thinking this as well. My kids/nieces/nephews are getting into surfing now and are at an age where we have maybe a decade left of them really enjoying the boat before they’re all completely consumed by other activities. I’m not getting any younger either. I’d like to move forward now with the “dream” boat when the used market is in good shape because I can’t imagine we’re going to see any slow down in cost increases of new boats even when the used market settles. That being said… can afford and should afford are two different things. Pavati and Paragon G23’s sure are nice boats but I’m not going there… have to draw the line somewhere

I’m sure a Mojo or Makai would leave us pleasantly surprised though, I’d have to think there are enough pluses versus our current 2013 that they are still good options.

I’m kind of in a tough spot. My current boat was just listed and I have no idea when it will sell or what I’ll get out of it. I’m looking at boats of completely different price points and the one I’d really like to jump to seems to be out of reach due to availability. If I wait until ’23 am I missing out on a healthy used market and losing out on a year with a better boat/wave? The annual cost increase will likely eclipse any savings I have by making no payments for the next year since my boat is currently paid off.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

https://www.onlyinboards.com/2021-SA...ia-124997.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Yeah I saw this one last night. A tad high compared to new, of course I can't yet get new Thanks for pointing this out, maybe at least worth a conversation.
    2022 Moomba Mojo

Default Questions - New Moomba Mojo Options

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Yeah I saw this one last night. A tad high compared to new, of course I can't yet get new Thanks for pointing this out, maybe at least worth a conversation.
    It’s actually not a bad price in this market considering demand.

2022 prices will be steep new and 70 hours isn’t a deal breaker in my book, just broken in.

That is a well optioned SA. MSRP on that boat is probably $178k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Some of the other dealerships just have not been good about getting back to me despite multiple outreach attempts. The closest Moomba only dealer hasn't bothered to respond or provide quotes. Selling boats is too easy and customers don't matter as much it seems.
    I am making a big assumption that your primary communication has been phone calls not in-person? perhaps in-person would net a different outcome and an actual order? if there's only 30 minutes between one dealer and another, territories shouldn't matter at that close distance even if it's another state. the closest dealer that doesn't have product is not in any position to push territories with nothing to sell and I would hope skiers would give the nod to complete the sale.
    The new normal right now to buy stuff has changed from what it was a few years ago and I would suspect that with the hot boat market going on for the last year, dealers are likely sick and tired of tire kickers on the phone when those that are in person are more apt to spend money.

I would not "settle" on a boat that I was not in love with. moomba builds a GREAT product but if my heart was on a supra, I'd hold out.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I am making a big assumption that your primary communication has been phone calls not in-person? perhaps in-person would net a different outcome and an actual order? if there's only 30 minutes between one dealer and another, territories shouldn't matter at that close distance even if it's another state. the closest dealer that doesn't have product is not in any position to push territories with nothing to sell and I would hope skiers would give the nod to complete the sale.
    The new normal right now to buy stuff has changed from what it was a few years ago and I would suspect that with the hot boat market going on for the last year, dealers are likely sick and tired of tire kickers on the phone when those that are in person are more apt to spend money.

I would not "settle" on a boat that I was not in love with. moomba builds a GREAT product but if my heart was on a supra, I'd hold out.
    What he said....
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I live smack in the middle of 2 dealers, different states but I live on the state line. Both dealers said they could sell it to me, but the dealer in the other state (farther from our lake house) said that if I had any issues I would have to tow it to him to fix as the other dealer would likely not want to fix it/push it to the end of the line. While I live smack in the middle, I store the boat much closer to the dealer I got it from.
    2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post

I get what you're saying here. The nearest Supra dealer is 2.5 hours from my house (and this is the one that is actually communicating). Before I drive anywhere, I thought it made sense to send build sheets of what I'm looking for to get rough quotes and build timelines. I'm also including info on my current boat for potential trade. Most of my communication has been via email, when it comes time to detail the order or sign paperwork face to face is fine. Honestly I think I'm making it pretty easy... here is what I want and here is what I have, let's make a deal and move on. I'd think with zero inventory out there, "tire kickers" and customer traffic in general would be pretty light.
    2022 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by sleek98 View Post
    I live smack in the middle of 2 dealers, different states but I live on the state line. Both dealers said they could sell it to me, but the dealer in the other state (farther from our lake house) said that if I had any issues I would have to tow it to him to fix as the other dealer would likely not want to fix it/push it to the end of the line. While I live smack in the middle, I store the boat much closer to the dealer I got it from.
    You don't have to take it to a particular dealer for service, and if the service dept turns you away because you didn't buy it there SC should whip them into shape as that's a big no no.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    You don't have to take it to a particular dealer for service, and if the service dept turns you away because you didn't buy it there SC should whip them into shape as that's a big no no.
    I don't think they would flat out not work on it, I think it was more of a your going to the end of the line and we will get to it when we can since there is not much money in warranty work without the profit from the sale of the boat. Luckily I have not had any issues where I need to have taken mine in yet, just had them do the normal 1st service then I hope they never have to see the boat again.
    2021 Mojo