Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Get factory surf pipe.

Too expensive to add after the fact.

Agreed, plus they have a tendency to crack at the weld (both factory and aftermarket) so it's nice to have that warranty should you need it.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Hey all, I'm looking to lock in a build slot for a 2022 Moomba Mojo that will be built early next year. I assume there will be some additional options introduced in the next couple months and I know I'm able to adjust options until much closer to the build date but I wanted to learn a bit more from the group on a few items I'm not 100% sure on. I also have a few questions on dimensions / storage. I am still holding out hope that this slot can be converted to a Supra SL but that isn't looking possible.

Thanks in advance!

1) Tower - A3 vs Pro. I'm seeing very little difference at first glance, especially with the $3,700 upcharge. I do like the idea of the side tow points as we have a lot of young and new riders and we often tie to the tower. As far as bimini coverage, I can't really tell a difference and the both appear to have surf storage. Both allow for the Wetsound Premium Package (Rev 10's). Is there something I'm missing here?

2) Trailer Wheel Options - I do like the look of 18" wheels and I assume the torsion axle will provide some upside for ride. With that said, I don't think they're really using "trailer" tires here. I'm tempted to get the standard wheel (14" or 15" I assume) and put some proper trailer tires on (I'd replace the Boatmate provided time bombs with Goodyear Endurance). I don't see anything besides 14" and 15" tires listed on Boatmate's part page... what are they shipping on the 18" wheels? The 18" upgrade ends up costing almost $3k when you also do the 18" spare.

3) Cover - can this be towed? I see comments around the new Supra covers towing well. I currently tow with a custom Evolution cover on my 2013 Mojo as the stock mooring cover was not great for towing.

4) Aluminum Step Plates on Trailer - I assume this is diamond plate in place of the Gator Step? Any thoughts here... assume this would hold up better and it's a bit cheaper.

5) Side storage bins - I believe these go in the rear lockers to make the ballast "sub-floor" or really "sub-bin." How deep are these and are they worth it? We currently just put jackets (and occasionally a tube) on top of the ballast bags in our 13' and they barely fit when we fill.

6) How deep is the storage under the seats? The subfloor ballast and such is great but from the pics/videos those storage areas look really shallow. Certainly not cavernous as many of the brands are advertising. I'm certainly concerned about cooler and lead ballast storage.

7) Prop - I see the "surf" prop 15.5x8 is regardless of engine choice. I plan to get the 450... any experience here? We mostly surf and will run extra weight but we also like to wakeboard, ski, knee board, tube and cruise (rarely exceed 40 MPH)

Wet Sounds - A few questions here. What are folks impressions here of the premium package? I'm coming from a custom Exile install that I've been pretty happy with. Where is the sub located (have not seen this in any pics or videos). Would it be of any benefit to not get this from the factory and install my own Wetsounds or Exile system?

9) General - how do folks feel about the new display? I see things have transitioned from analog only to combined analog and screen and now to almost everything on a 7" screen. It sure feels like everything would require a bit more manipulation versus just glancing down.

Any other tidbits on must haves and things to avoid would be great. The input is very much appreciated!
    My biggest tidbit is if you can swing the SL and get a build slot GET IT!! It is a sweet boat! That being said I haven't been in a new Mojo but Moomba is putting out great boats so you can't go wrong but Supras are amazing boats.

1. Pro Tower - as many have said folds lower if needed for storage. Along with the side tow points and other than looking better (IMO) it does have some added lights. The "Moomba" side plate on the base is backlit and the 2 little accents on the top corners on each side are actually lights as well.

2. 18" wheels look amazing but are $3k so that is your call. If we trailered our boat more probably would have opted for them.

3. As far as covers go it was said earlier but skip the factory and call https://poppycompany.com/ and get the Outer Armor cover. I have both the factory and the Outer Armor and the Outer Armor is far superior. They make the Supra covers as well.

4. Aluminum Step Plates - This to me is personal preference as long as you get the transom steps.

5. Side Storage Bins - If you plan to get larger rear bags I would skip these as it will make them obsolete.

7. Prop - Cant say from experience on the 15.5x18 but a guy on here had it with his 450 and said for heavy surfing it couldn't hold speed. I have the 450 in our Makai and the 15.5x16.5 prop does really well no problems getting to and maintaining surf speeds with full ballast, 1k of lead and 8 adults (3 of which were "large" adults lol) I have purchased a spare prop and went with the ACME 2847 which is 15.5x15 but have not run it yet but I can report back when I do.

As Larry said get the Factory Surf Pipe.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Before I got banned on facebook earlier I had thoughts of selling mine and ordering a 22.. This time around I would probably go makai because why not however if going mojo again

1. A3 tower with Sewlong Bimini not factory.
    My factory Bimini is actually already trashed lol

2. I went 15" wheels and they seem fine. look cool. not worth the cost imo however I would put that money to electric brakes over surge due to the mountains I drive daily.

3. Cover seems okay for towing however dealer didn't recommend it so I alway remove it before towing. Which is fine for me other than the bugs.

4. Step plates. I didn't get anything and it came with just black what seems similar to gator step. Again I would put this money towards transom steps. I don't know how you would get into the boat without transom steps. Again must have transom steps haha

5. I have no bins. I throw a tube, the LTU balls and a few life jackets that get used frequently in there. I actually even put my surf board in there when done for the day. It can be very hard to grab things with that ballast empty because they are so deep but its perfect with bags full.

6. Storage under seats is fine, but I put everyones bags in there and some snacks as the hinged seats make access very easy. But no not large enough for coolers.

7. prop. I live about 5000' my normal lake is about 3200' and I got the standard prop. Surfing has been fine with 15 people and full bags. Cant get up on a plane fully loaded but that's expected. Would have loved to go with the 450 however it bothered me knowing I paid that much for just a tune haha

8. Wet sounds- I did the math and actually its a decent deal from the factory. They sound great only complaint would be the sub. But basically I think go for it and add a sub is still your best option.

9. Love the screen not hard to use at all. The size of it is still small so going with the even smaller screen I feel like would feel cheap.

Again I was way way over budget on my 21. So I skipped every corner I could. Next time around the must haves you might not think of are

Cruise with zero off
    Docking lights (I regret, if you ever even think about going out at night)
    Gator step deck kit
    7" display
    swivel board racks ( I skipped thinking I would young and can just grab the board off don't need the swivel, you do if you plan on tying up with someone)
    Transom steps on trailer ( I seriously don't know how they expect you to get in the boat without this)
    Last edited by Josh828; 07-14-2021 at 10:09 AM.
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Thank all for the input, great info. I sure hope they are able to resolve a few of these issues quickly for 2022 but I’d assume major changes are unlikely for a boat that was just refreshed for 2021.

Truth be told… I’m even more hesitant to put a deposit on a Mojo. I really wanted a Supra SL or SA and I can’t get a 2022 slot. Maybe I should be looking more at the Makai since it’s essentially the same price as the Mojo?

2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

If you opt for the pro tower and the audio, you should be within a few hundred bucks of a Makai/Mojo. When I got mine they were willing to deal a little more on a Makai so it was only going to be around 500 difference.
    2021 Mojo

Thank all for the input, great info. I sure hope they are able to resolve a few of these issues quickly for 2022 but I’d assume major changes are unlikely for a boat that was just refreshed for 2021.

Truth be told… I’m even more hesitant to put a deposit on a Mojo. I really wanted a Supra SL or SA and I can’t get a 2022 slot. Maybe I should be looking more at the Makai since it’s essentially the same price as the Mojo?

If I wanted a new Supra and none were available to order before the 22’s were even announced, I would not be ok settling for a Moomba.

Not that Moomba isn’t an outstanding boat with awesome features/performance etc...but knowing you wanted a Supra and couldn’t buy one.

Every time you see a Supra you will be pissed.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    If I wanted a new Supra and none were available to order before the 22’s were even announced, I would not be ok settling for a Moomba.

Not that Moomba isn’t an outstanding boat with awesome features/performance etc...but knowing you wanted a Supra and couldn’t buy one.

Every time you see a Supra you will be pissed.

Yup..... what he said!
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

If your dealer has no more open slots are you able to go to the next closest dealer? I get they have territories but money talks and well ya know..... I can’t believe SC would not let another dealer sell to you.

2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    If your dealer has no more open slots are you able to go to the next closest dealer? I get they have territories but money talks and well ya know..... I can’t believe SC would not let another dealer sell to you.

We did not go to the closest Moomba dealership to where the boat would be registered to purchase our boat, and it was no problem at all. I never gave it a thought when we went to the dealership (which was closer to where the boat would be stored, which made more sense to us). We reserved a build slot and got our boat no questions asked.
    2021 Craz
    78 SJ Taylor Jet Boat
    94 SeaDoo
    2008 19SS Crownline- Traded