Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Default Questions - New Moomba Mojo Options

Hey all, I'm looking to lock in a build slot for a 2022 Moomba Mojo that will be built early next year. I assume there will be some additional options introduced in the next couple months and I know I'm able to adjust options until much closer to the build date but I wanted to learn a bit more from the group on a few items I'm not 100% sure on. I also have a few questions on dimensions / storage. I am still holding out hope that this slot can be converted to a Supra SL but that isn't looking possible.

Thanks in advance!

1) Tower - A3 vs Pro. I'm seeing very little difference at first glance, especially with the $3,700 upcharge. I do like the idea of the side tow points as we have a lot of young and new riders and we often tie to the tower. As far as bimini coverage, I can't really tell a difference and the both appear to have surf storage. Both allow for the Wetsound Premium Package (Rev 10's). Is there something I'm missing here?

2) Trailer Wheel Options - I do like the look of 18" wheels and I assume the torsion axle will provide some upside for ride. With that said, I don't think they're really using "trailer" tires here. I'm tempted to get the standard wheel (14" or 15" I assume) and put some proper trailer tires on (I'd replace the Boatmate provided time bombs with Goodyear Endurance). I don't see anything besides 14" and 15" tires listed on Boatmate's part page... what are they shipping on the 18" wheels? The 18" upgrade ends up costing almost $3k when you also do the 18" spare.

3) Cover - can this be towed? I see comments around the new Supra covers towing well. I currently tow with a custom Evolution cover on my 2013 Mojo as the stock mooring cover was not great for towing.

4) Aluminum Step Plates on Trailer - I assume this is diamond plate in place of the Gator Step? Any thoughts here... assume this would hold up better and it's a bit cheaper.

5) Side storage bins - I believe these go in the rear lockers to make the ballast "sub-floor" or really "sub-bin." How deep are these and are they worth it? We currently just put jackets (and occasionally a tube) on top of the ballast bags in our 13' and they barely fit when we fill.

6) How deep is the storage under the seats? The subfloor ballast and such is great but from the pics/videos those storage areas look really shallow. Certainly not cavernous as many of the brands are advertising. I'm certainly concerned about cooler and lead ballast storage.

7) Prop - I see the "surf" prop 15.5x8 is regardless of engine choice. I plan to get the 450... any experience here? We mostly surf and will run extra weight but we also like to wakeboard, ski, knee board, tube and cruise (rarely exceed 40 MPH)

Wet Sounds - A few questions here. What are folks impressions here of the premium package? I'm coming from a custom Exile install that I've been pretty happy with. Where is the sub located (have not seen this in any pics or videos). Would it be of any benefit to not get this from the factory and install my own Wetsounds or Exile system?

9) General - how do folks feel about the new display? I see things have transitioned from analog only to combined analog and screen and now to almost everything on a 7" screen. It sure feels like everything would require a bit more manipulation versus just glancing down.

Any other tidbits on must haves and things to avoid would be great. The input is very much appreciated!
    Last edited by uniwarking; 07-13-2021 at 07:11 PM.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Hey all, I'm looking to lock in a build slot for a 2022 Moomba Mojo that will be built early next year. I assume there will be some additional options introduced in the next couple months and I know I'm able to adjust options until much closer to the build date but I wanted to learn a bit more from the group on a few items I'm not 100% sure on. I also have a few questions on dimensions / storage. I am still holding out hope that this slot can be converted to a Supra SL but that isn't looking possible.

Thanks in advance!

1) Tower - A3 vs Pro. I'm seeing very little difference at first glance, especially with the $3,700 upcharge. I do like the idea of the side tow points as we have a lot of young and new riders and we often tie to the tower. As far as bimini coverage, I can't really tell a difference and the both appear to have surf storage. Both allow for the Wetsound Premium Package (Rev 10's). Is there something I'm missing here?

I got the pro tower. Slightly more shade and side tow points.

2) Trailer Wheel Options - I do like the look of 18" wheels and I assume the torsion axle will provide some upside for ride. With that said, I don't think they're really using "trailer" tires here. I'm tempted to get the standard wheel (14" or 15" I assume) and put some proper trailer tires on (I'd replace the Boatmate provided time bombs with Goodyear Endurance). I don't see anything besides 14" and 15" tires listed on Boatmate's part page... what are they shipping on the 18" wheels? The 18" upgrade ends up costing almost $3k when you also do the 18" spare.

3) Cover - can this be towed? I see comments around the new Supra covers towing well. I currently tow with a custom Evolution cover on my 2013 Mojo as the stock mooring cover was not great for towing.

I have towed with mine 200 miles one way due to rain. No issues but I don’t normally trailer with a cover on.

4) Aluminum Step Plates on Trailer - I assume this is diamond plate in place of the Gator Step? Any thoughts here... assume this would hold up better and it's a bit cheaper.

Correct. This is what I choose.

5) Side storage bins - I believe these go in the rear lockers to make the ballast "sub-floor" or really "sub-bin." How deep are these and are they worth it? We currently just put jackets (and occasionally a tube) on top of the ballast bags in our 13' and they barely fit when we fill.

They are about a foot deep. I am going to pull mine out when I put in custom bags. Right now I have ropes in there.

6) How deep is the storage under the seats? The subfloor ballast and such is great but from the pics/videos those storage areas look really shallow. Certainly not cavernous as many of the brands are advertising. I'm certainly concerned about cooler and lead ballast storage.

8” from the floor to the under seat support. Another inch or so to the bottom of the seat. Cannot got a cooler there. Lead or jackets/towels are really the only option for them

7) Prop - I see the "surf" prop 15.5x8 is regardless of engine choice. I plan to get the 450... any experience here? We mostly surf and will run extra weight but we also like to wakeboard, ski, knee board, tube and cruise (rarely exceed 40 MPH)

I would go with the surf prop 15.5x15. I have a 400 with the 15.5x16.5 and I have issues with 2,500 of people/lead/gear.

Wet Sounds - A few questions here. What are folks impressions here of the premium package? I'm coming from a custom Exile install that I've been pretty happy with. Where is the sub located (have not seen this in any pics or videos). Would it be of any benefit to not get this from the factory and install my own Wetsounds or Exile system?

Sub is under the driver helm in the storage area. To get to it, you open the seat back from the front.

9) General - how do folks feel about the new display? I see things have transitioned from analog only to combined analog and screen and now to almost everything on a 7" screen. It sure feels like everything would require a bit more manipulation versus just glancing down.

I am 50/50 on using the screen vs the switches.

Any other tidbits on must haves and things to avoid would be great. The input is very much appreciated!
    See replies above
    2021 Mojo

To add to the boat cover question...I am assuming the Mojo cover is same as the Max...We tow long distances with our cover and have no issues. Towing with the cover increases our fuel economy by about 3 mpg.

I bought some stretch wrap off Amazon and quickly wrap the upper part of the boat. It literally takes a few minutes to run around the boat.

We had zero scuffing on our gel coat after a recent 600 mile round trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Max

tower choice. pro tower will get you under an 8ft door. other tower will not. this was on kaiyen and makai but assume mojo is same. if you need an 8ft requirement get pro. if not the other will save coin.

stereo we always opted for cheapest pack and install myself but that's because I love to do it. get tower wired and install yourself. not sure there's any real savings there but for me, spending a winter installing all the fun stuff like that is my yoga....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I have the a3 tower and bimini. The bimini in my mind is terrible and a complete waste of money. I will be replacing it with an aftermarket larger one. It stops directly above my head driving and im in the sun all day.

Torsion suspension is really nice and also allows you to use a tire ramp to change tires super easy.

18” are nitro 420s 255/55/18 XL’s, good tires.

They handle and track better than the 15’s

Heads up, starting this year, boatmate 15’s are the smallest tires I have ever seen on a trailer.

My 2018 Boatmate had 225/75/15 road kings, 2021 boatmate uses 205/75/15 road kings and they are pencil thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Default Correct…A3 Bimini is bad

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    I have the a3 tower and bimini. The bimini in my mind is terrible and a complete waste of money. I will be replacing it with an aftermarket larger one. It stops directly above my head driving and im in the sun all day.
    I picked up my 2021 mojo this weekend. The boat itself is way nicer
    than expected!!! However, the a3 Bimini is bad…real bad. I literally baked in the sun all weekend. I need to figure out a fix for that…

If it were I looking to buy a 22 Mojo.

The pro tower - But look at SewLong for the bimini. Moomba is $1950 upgrade and includes the hardware. I do not think SewLong does.

18's track better and torsion axles are smooth - Torsion axles also have more moving parts to fail and if you get basic steel wheels you can upgrade to D-rated tires and new 15" wheels of your choice for $1000 or less. - Something to think about

Cover - I wouldn't buy it from Moomba. Call Terri at PoppyCovers.com and get an Outer Armour cover. It is 100% towable has Taps (no poles) and wraps the tower legs. Think Supra cover but for your Mojo - same price as factory or slightly less

Side storage bins - hit or miss. I like the over the engine bin for ropes and life jackets but I thought newer boat came with this standard.

Surf prop. Surf prop, Surf prop - see if the dealer can get you 2 so you already have a spare on day 1......lol

Stereo - biggest and best Moomba offers - it will all be factory warranted and integrated. Yes it can be tuned and improved to your liking.

Trailers steps is personal preference. My current is aluminum and it still looks new.

Everything else I cannot commit on since I haven't used the new screens or seen the storage room with all sub-floor ballast. I know the trash bin in the floor is a nice touch, but I would rather it be a cooler like the Surpra's. Rumor is 2022 Chill tech and flip up transom seats might be options....I would go for both of those also.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

The trash can compartment should hinge/ open in the opposite direction.

The phone charger on the dash is so poorly designed. After 5 minutes my phone has an alarm going off for over heating because it sits in direct sunlight (again factory bimini is trash).

To access the center rear storage compartment you have to open both side compartments which is a design flaw. Open 3 compartments to access 1? You might want the side storage bins for this. The under seat storage isn't enclosed under the seat so my storage actually leaves the area under the seat which is terrible.

Surf exhaust is must have.

Your phone overheating issue is the exact reason my last boat and this boat has a tinted windshield. I can leave my phone on the dash all day in 90* full sun and it is fine playing music.

FYI....this is why I said SewLong for the bimini. Have to build your own frame though.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?35903-Bimini

Outer Armour cover
    Post #63
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....Question/page7
    Taps demo video
    https://youtu.be/Cgh9im3cw_g
    Last edited by Holdmybeer; 07-14-2021 at 08:35 AM.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow