Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Well, strike 2 on boat covers. I called Terri at Poppy Covers, sounds like they've lost access to SC to do fit ups and they can't get enough material to do one off jobs so they're not doing Moomba boats anymore. Sounds like Covid is the primary driver here.

I do have the factory cover and swim platform cover selected but was hoping to get into a more towable type. With Evolution at least a year out and Poppy / Outer Armor out of the picture... what other options are people aware of? I have a couple local shops around me but they do more snap on type covers or covers that strap to the trailer which I really don't want.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Well, strike 2 on boat covers. I called Terri at Poppy Covers, sounds like they've lost access to SC to do fit ups and they can't get enough material to do one off jobs so they're not doing Moomba boats anymore. Sounds like Covid is the primary driver here.

I do have the factory cover and swim platform cover selected but was hoping to get into a more towable type. With Evolution at least a year out and Poppy / Outer Armor out of the picture... what other options are people aware of? I have a couple local shops around me but they do more snap on type covers or covers that strap to the trailer which I really don't want.
    Kinda baffles me why SC doesn’t offer an outerarmor for Moomba’s when the cover options are nearly identical in cost as a Supra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

You could try SewLong. I believe they make the bimini tops for SC along with other manufacturers.

Other than that, you have the factory ones coming....but Larry is right, why not offer the Supra material to Moomba.

FYI, I tow with my 2015 factory cover all the time. Used it to go to Norris a couple weeks ago. I wrapped the rub-rail to prevent any cover flap damage and I removed the poles, and tighten the rope to the tower. It sucks to the windshield real well and even going through rain it didn't puddle in the bow or cabin while towing.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Chill tech/Fresco is a very nice vinyl, soft and durable, flat matte finish that doesn’t seem to Mar our scuff easily.

Initially I preferred the look of the Supra vinyls from 2018 better due to the contrasting textures.

However, CT and the way Supra styles their interiors are much more Automotive like, and give it an upscale/refined look with “less is more”.

$5 dollah

So, after doing a little looking. I assume that "Dark Graphite" will be the color Spradling calls "Anthracite." This falls between their Black and Light Graphite. If so, I'm thinking the Anthracite plus intense green welt could look pretty sweet together, especially with the accent/interior gel being intense green. Hopefully this chill tech rumor turns out to be true!

DarkGraphiteIntenseGreen.jpg
    2022 Moomba Mojo

Just got word that one of the fancy features for '22 I was super excited about, and had selected as part of my build, is now not being offered anymore. Bummer. I won't spoil it, sure it will come to light tomorrow.
    2022 Moomba Mojo

It's tomorrow.....spill it man!!!
    Flip up seats?
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

So, after doing a little looking. I assume that "Dark Graphite" will be the color Spradling calls "Anthracite." This falls between their Black and Light Graphite. If so, I'm thinking the Anthracite plus intense green welt could look pretty sweet together, especially with the accent/interior gel being intense green. Hopefully this chill tech rumor turns out to be true!

DarkGraphiteIntenseGreen.jpg
    Is Spradling who SC used for their fabric? I know that is who Centurion uses but wasn’t sure if they provide to other brands as well. Centurion claims their hex vinyl stays cool as well so wondering if chill tech fabric is basically the same without the hex design?
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Is Spradling who SC used for their fabric? I know that is who Centurion uses but wasn’t sure if they provide to other brands as well. Centurion claims their hex vinyl stays cool as well so wondering if chill tech fabric is basically the same without the hex design?
    You are correct sir. Same thing, different pattern, same company provides both.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    It's tomorrow.....spill it man!!!
    Flip up seats?
    Yes sadly. Apparently no longer being offered, may offer later

2022 Moomba Mojo

Yes sadly. Apparently no longer being offered, may offer later

That sucks. That is the 1 feature my family would use the most. Having younger kids and their friends that is a consistent hangout spot on our boat. Added with Chill Tech so you don't burn you backside.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow