Default Bimini dysfunction

2017 Mojo
    I'm having issues with my bimini having too much slack and I'm thinking might have something to do with the forward most being bent slightly inward. I had had issues with the tower assist ropes becoming stretched and were a pain when I lowered the tower and went back up with it. The slack in the ropes made it difficult to tighten down the tower because the excess rope wouldn't pull into place. Had to use a pocket knife to push them into place so that the tower would seat.

All said, I asked that my marina would dry store the boat with the tower in the 'up' position until warranty could repair. They obliged.

Apparently, they managed to bump the front bar of the bimini on something. At least, I think that they did. Didn't confront as that they would easily say that I did it on a bridge. Did not.
    What I'm asking is, how is the forwardmost part of of the bimini 'stainless bar' shaped? Is it straight across? Does it bend forward? Does it bend backward?
    Problem is that the stainless bar that supports the middle of the bimini lays flat. The canvas lays flat.
    I'm thinking that there's too much slack between the front bar and the center bar due to the forward bar bending backward. It's not too obvious.
    Anyone tell me the distance between the forward bar and the loop that holds the second bar? I'll try to include a pic.
    Thanks for any input.
    John Cbimini 3.jpg
    Last edited by Boodaghost; 07-11-2021 at 02:57 AM.
    2017 Moomba Mojo

Mine is straight across. You can adjust the tension by the swiveling the arms up and down. If you look at the bolts that connect the very rear of the bimini to the tower, you will notice the arms are slotted where you can pivot the arms up and down. That is how you can adjust the tension in it. I would straighten the bar the best you can and then just readjust the tension.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Front bar is definitely supposed to be straight. That is your main issue here.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Thanks, Y'all have basically confirmed my suspicion. I think that bend is giving just giving enough slack to make it do this.
    Any idea the size of the allen wrench that takes bolt out of the front bar. Standard or metric?
    2017 Moomba Mojo

Pretty sure they are metric. Can't recall the size though.

2021 Moomba Makai

This is the front of my Bimini by the way. Straight across.

2021 Moomba Makai