Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Precious Roy View Post
    Another newb question…. If I bought the wakemakers prop…acme 2277 15x15.75…. It’s a half inch smaller and a little more low end. I like where the stock one has me right now. Will this one by any significant changes? Improvements? I guess just want to make sure I’m staying where I want to be….
    Right now is the stock general use 15.5x16.5
    Thanks
    “Do not go down in diameter!” That is what acme told me recently when I was buying a spare. FWIW I went with the ACME 2847 which is 15.5x15. Haven’t run it yet but am interested to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I always kinda cringe when somebody wants to continue to run a prop they know is bent. If it's bent, it's vibrating whether you feel it or not. These are relatively large wheels. The longer you run a vibrating prop the more damage you are doing to the cutlass bearing reducing it's lifespan. Also these boats have a cut keyway that can be susceptible to cracking at the keyway from high cycle fatigue from vibration. If the propshaft cracks at the keyway, you'll lose the prop along with it.

I just hit some debris last week while surfing. Wasn't a big chunk, but afterwards I could feel a vibration in the steering wheel and seat of the pants around 2000 rpm. Couldn't tell by looking at the prop, it looked fine. Pulled the prop and placed on a flat surface, one blade tip was pulled aft, out of the plane of the other 3 blades.
    2019 SUPRA SE 450
    2015 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2014 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2012 Yamaha 212SS (SOLD)
    2008 Yamaha AR210 (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by trace View Post
    I always kinda cringe when somebody wants to continue to run a prop they know is bent. If it's bent, it's vibrating whether you feel it or not. These are relatively large wheels. The longer you run a vibrating prop the more damage you are doing to the cutlass bearing reducing it's lifespan. Also these boats have a cut keyway that can be susceptible to cracking at the keyway from high cycle fatigue from vibration. If the propshaft cracks at the keyway, you'll lose the prop along with it.

I just hit some debris last week while surfing. Wasn't a big chunk, but afterwards I could feel a vibration in the steering wheel and seat of the pants around 2000 rpm. Couldn't tell by looking at the prop, it looked fine. Pulled the prop and placed on a flat surface, one blade tip was pulled aft, out of the plane of the other 3 blades.
    Im with you on this… though i ran this one day…. Yesterday…. Today I got my replacement from the local dealer. Will be going on Friday night before the weekend. I’ll get the bad one fixed and got a replacement. Thanks for the insight!
    2021 Moomba Max 400

Friend of mine damaged mine, I am about to get it repaired. I have a 16 x 13.9 Acme 3591 which seems to be the best prop out there right now from what I am seeing. If you are interested in purchasing the repaired one let me know, it will come with a certificate and everything. I actually bought a refurbed one as well since they are so hard to find right now and it has been working fine for me, I installed last weekend.
    2021 Supra SE

Quote Originally Posted by DDD123 View Post
    Friend of mine damaged mine, I am about to get it repaired. I have a 16 x 13.9 Acme 3591 which seems to be the best prop out there right now from what I am seeing. If you are interested in purchasing the repaired one let me know, it will come with a certificate and everything. I actually bought a refurbed one as well since they are so hard to find right now and it has been working fine for me, I installed last weekend.
    Where's you get the repair done and what did it run if you dont mind my asking?
    I've got a 3591 in need of repair as well unfortunately.
    2020 Supra SA

Local prop shops near me are $175-$200 for a 16” Nibral prop repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I have a oj945 for sale