Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

(wrecking this thread)

A word to the wise (from someone not so wise :P):

If you are going to re-arrange your guages make sure you get the wires back in the correct spot the first time. I only maked the wire locations after I pulled the temp guage and walked to the garage and back, so I wasn't sure about the location of two wires. I figured I would just try them both ways and see which one made the needle move.

Well after that neither my temp guage (which I had moved) nor my fuel guage (where I drew power for the depth guage I was adding). This was a while ago and I finally got it into the shop to get it fixed since I couldn't figure it out. They told me the guages were fried and I'd have to get new guages.

While I was waiting to check out, I saw a Moomba tach sitting on the counter. I looked at th sticker around it and it said not to mis-connect these two wires or you could damage the guage.

However, now that things are fixed, I enjoy having my guages in spots that make more sense to me. I just wish I had been more careful.

On the positive side, Rinker's Boat World treated me good on the price of the repair.
    -ryan
    '10 Wakesetter LSV

Tyger,

Really sorry that you encountered issues. Glad you are back in business and are liking the new gauge locations.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV