Default Best surf setup for 17 mondo

Looking for ideas for getting the best surf wave out of our 17 mondo
    Has 2.0 flow system, upgraded 910 rear bags. I’m 6’2 205 and having a hard time getting off the rope. Any recommendations/ ideas would be appreciated.

I have a 19 mondo and can surf it no problem. I have the 750's in the back and 500lbs of lead. I a guessing its your board or where you are trying to surf. I am 6' 200lbs and like i said, no issues without a rope for as long as i want to ride.

Try this setup, 100 ballast on surf side, 80% on non surf side and only 70% in front. Make sure your wake plate is up at 20% or less while underway and try to stay closer to the middle behind the boat not way out to the side.

Here is my old setup:

1) 1140s in the back(although they probably only got 900 lbs of water in them.)
    2) 500 lbs of lead on surf side.(usually under seats midship)
    3) 1000 lbs up front.(500 +500 IBS)
    4) Regular
    a. 10.8-11
    b. Everything 100% full
    5)Goofy
    a. Sped up to 11.3-11.5
    b. usually would run non surf side at 80% to list the boat more

If I had a light crew of less than 5 people...we would take the old 650 lbs from the back and put it on the floor infront of rear seat.(That made it pop with light crew)
    2022 SA450
    2019 Mojo
    2017 Mondo - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Jason1975 View Post
    I have a 19 mondo and can surf it no problem. I have the 750's in the back and 500lbs of lead. I a guessing its your board or where you are trying to surf. I am 6' 200lbs and like i said, no issues without a rope for as long as i want to ride.

Try this setup, 100 ballast on surf side, 80% on non surf side and only 70% in front. Make sure your wake plate is up at 20% or less while underway and try to stay closer to the middle behind the boat not way out to the side.
    I have a 19 mondo also. We often use a similar setup as Jason.

when we run a small crew, with 3-4 people, we may load up a bit more.

I have 500 lead that is 250 each side under bags. have 900# bags in lockers. in the bow we have the bow filler bag also. we also have a 500# bag that we put on the floor in front of the rear seat.

we do not load everything full. but we will load the 500# bag then surf side locker will be about 60-90%. non surf side will be about 30-60%. bow will be about 70%. surf speed will be between 9.8 and 10.8. WP is usually 0-15%. I do not use the autowake, i occasionally check the pitch and roll for reference.

i am 6'-2 and 200#. i surf a phase 5 diamond (not sure of the size, but i am a little big for it and i occasionally struggle to stay in). also a doomswell nubstep. and the go to broadcast for the days when just cruising, or carrying littles with to get them a surf experience.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

I forgot to mention two things.. Usually only my wife and 11 yr old son in the boat so a small crew, and i run at 9.6 mph and the wave is quite nice. I wouldn't say its long but i can move up and back about 6' so its not too bad. the first year i got the boat, everyone said 10.6 mph to 11.2.. that was just too fast for my boat and the wave didn't have alot of power. I slowed down to 9.6 and no just about anyone can surf my boat with a small crew.

I am sure there are things i could be doing better to make the wave even better. I do NOT use autowake mainly because i don't know how and didn't want to read the 33 pages of posts. I go by feel and look of the wave.

Got to find something to get my 16 surf edition working. Just got boat friday, had starboard tab actuator replaced prior to purchase. Settings were way off but have yet to have a surfable wave. Have tried the settings posted here, as well as different speeds. I surf the starboard side and have had no luck this past weekend even with 8 passengers in the boat. Wm910s on the way so hopefully that will help.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

I was able to get my wave surfable! We used 10.8 mph, rears 100% full, front 90% full and wife and driver both on stbd side. Plate setting were 60% port and 70% stbd IIRC. That was with my stock bags. Came home that night and my new 910s from wakemakers were here so I added them in. Need to reinforce the the side panels now but the boat is surfing well. Went out with just the wife yesterday and the wave was a good but needed tweaking. I dont ask my wife to change settings as it frustrates her so I just ride what I get. Today we are goin out with a full boat(12ppl) excited to see how that changes the wave. Using a clinometer app to dial in my pitch and roll so hopefully I can place ppl qhere I need them to get a big wave today!
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags

My side panels kept popping out, so I just took a 1×4 and mounted it across all 3 sections like this. It works great. I will probably go back with a piece of metal hat channel just to make it look better.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Thats my next mod is to do the alumnium channel on my sides so they quit bowing out.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags

Quick question when adjustingnthe tabs in vessel settings( no autowake) port and starboard, are those referring to the tab side or the surf side? Wanting to play with the tab settings just a lil bit to perfect my wave.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags