Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 22 Xstar-S

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    Hope all the boat companies are respecting each other patents. Price wise, I think they are. Lol.
    Curious who owns the twist throttle thruster patent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Very weak for a X star... I wish they would come back out with the X80 all 28' of yacht haha
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Mixed reviews on team talk.

S is surf specific, still have regular x star.

Still cool seeing the competitors 22’s

Nautiques new towers are nice and the telescope paragon tower is available on the regular G23.

Wasn’t intending to bust mastercraft’s balls, but Supra is still killing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

sure it's a nice boat and looking at it without brand googles on there are some things to like about it and some not so much like ANY boat but......

couldn't stop seeing that guys HUGE wedding ring. kinda stood out against his outfit.
    interesting that half the surf shots are riding foil boards. seems odd as that's not the surfboard I would use to tout a "new" model.
    as mentioned by russell, LOTS of odd words to describe the boat/finishes/tech.

can't say much about the boat until seeing/riding one in person as marketing is going to make it seem like the cats pajamas BUT if it's truly 200k, there are a LOT of options for less coin from tige/supra/centurion/nautty that imo I'd rather shop but they will sell some of them for sure...
    they haven't been in business as long as the rest by producing duds.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I think its a ugly boat imo... the lines look kind of like a MB. The color of that one is ugly. The thruster knob looks cheap. Supra did such a better job.

I've always liked the X. Wakeboarding in the past. I like the new back seats. Have not been on one of the newer models in the last few years.

Looks like they are they to make some moves to get some of the customers back from the Gs.

Was on an X22 last summer. Solid wave. Never been on the X24. I do think it's odd on the subject of how many models they have, but it works for them. They know that buyers are looking for refreshed models.

Yea, they are playing catch up on some stuff. But how many boat makers are willing to stick their neck out on trying all the "new innovations"? Nautique?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I agree that the Supra is the right price point for looks and features. Centurion is a close second but I hated the color schemes and look of the body, it was very antiquated and no matter what I did I couldn't get a color scheme to look clean or aggressive.
    2021 Supra SE

I just cant get behind the hull shape on the new Mastercrafts. (or the new MB) Just straight up ugly lines IMO.

I do like the rear seats though those are pretty boss, I'd love to have them on my SA. I also like the aluminum surround on the dash screen, it takes away some screen space but looks a little more traditional than my supra starship dash. That steering wheel is hideous though.

MC's new actuators with the position sensors are very nice, I assume they are using the same Parker actuators as Tige which makes the wave 100% repeatable, unlike Supra/Moomba who is still using lencos with no sensors. The Xstar wave is no joke, debatably better than any of the supra waves out of the box.

I'm not really brand loyal I love my supra but also like most other brands. When I was shopping I climbed around a 21 Xstar and it is a very nice boat very clean and well executed interior with a different styling than supra. I think MC and Nautique lean more toward traditional high end interiors with superior materials, stitching and quality where supra tige and malibu are aiming more for an impressive visual impact, to each their own. I love my SA interior but it doesn't have the same classy feel of a G23 IMO.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    I just cant get behind the hull shape on the new Mastercrafts. (or the new MB) Just straight up ugly lines IMO.

I do like the rear seats though those are pretty boss, I'd love to have them on my SA. I also like the aluminum surround on the dash screen, it takes away some screen space but looks a little more traditional than my supra starship dash. That steering wheel is hideous though.

MC's new actuators with the position sensors are very nice, I assume they are using the same Parker actuators as Tige which makes the wave 100% repeatable, unlike Supra/Moomba who is still using lencos with no sensors. The Xstar wave is no joke, debatably better than any of the supra waves out of the box.

I'm not really brand loyal I love my supra but also like most other brands. When I was shopping I climbed around a 21 Xstar and it is a very nice boat very clean and well executed interior with a different styling than supra. I think MC and Nautique lean more toward traditional high end interiors with superior materials, stitching and quality where supra tige and malibu are aiming more for an impressive visual impact, to each their own. I love my SA interior but it doesn't have the same classy feel of a G23 IMO.
    I feel like the comparison between mc/Nautique and Supra to be very similar to my wife’s car and mine. She has a 21 Mercedes gls, very nice classy interior. I have a 20 GMC Sierra Denali, nice interior but not quite up to the Mercedes in quality. However we both Agree that the truck is much more comfy to drive and for a road trip.

Quote Originally Posted by mjb929rr View Post
    I feel like the comparison between mc/Nautique and Supra to be very similar to my wife’s car and mine. She has a 21 Mercedes gls, very nice classy interior. I have a 20 GMC Sierra Denali, nice interior but not quite up to the Mercedes in quality. However we both Agree that the truck is much more comfy to drive and for a road trip.
    Dead on. The truck probably has more amenities and features too just not as well executed overall as the Benz.

@larry_arizona have you heard the klipsch system? I haven't but all my home audio is Klipsch and it's miles ahead of any boat system. (granted apples to bananas here but still)
    I have no idea if they went cheap with the boat stuff or not, a lot of their modern stuff is just so-so but from my past experience I would expect it to be quite good.
    2020 Supra SA