Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 22 Xstar-S

There's always a market for a bargain priced product.

Associating it with bayliner is not a mistake IMO TONS of bayliners are sold, more than the entire wake segment I would bet. Having that kind of dealer network and name recognition is a good thing. Even it most of us think bayliners are junk the majority of people probably see them as just an affordable entry level boat.

Gotta remember we're in a very small bubble here. I was never on a wakeboat growing up and the first time I stepped foot on one (a g23) I was completely blown away, I didn't even know anyone made boats like this. They are starships in comparison to most other boats out there and most people either don't know they are an option or are not willing to spend this kind of money one one. Build quality is all relative.
    If someone told me 8 years ago I would spend 100k+ on a boat I would have fallen over laughing in their face. I think that's how most people think of the wakeboat market.
    2020 Supra SA

Default 22 Xstar-S

Perspective is everything.

If it grows tow sports, it’s a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Saw this on FB. Wonder what the citation is for? No fire Extinguisher, and PFD? Or registration? LOL!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    If it grows tow sports, it’s a good thing.
    normally I'd agree with that but out west, the lakes are getting too full. weekend on some lakes are 2-2.5hrs to launch and that's on lakes that aren't ready to dry up this year. I know when we were in wisconsin it wasn't bad at all and plenty of water to hit but it's a different world out west. my sister finally sold their tooner in boise as lucky peak is so full on saturday/sunday they can't find anywhere to drop anchor and chill. too much traffic and parking anywhere you are in a constant washing machine of wakes from surf/tubers.

there's quite a few of the heydays running around here in sin city. the MC dealer has them and assume they are selling to those that balk at nxt pricing. never been on one to surf but heard the wakes are very good. I'd actually consider one in the 50's but pricing in the 80's+, no way and I suspect the only way they are selling 150 of them is due to the lack of boats to buy. we usually only went out with 3 or 4 others so that boat would be perfectly sized for us.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default 22 Xstar-S

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    There's always a market for a bargain priced product.

Associating it with bayliner is not a mistake IMO TONS of bayliners are sold, more than the entire wake segment I would bet. Having that kind of dealer network and name recognition is a good thing. Even it most of us think bayliners are junk the majority of people probably see them as just an affordable entry level boat.

Gotta remember we're in a very small bubble here. I was never on a wakeboat growing up and the first time I stepped foot on one (a g23) I was completely blown away, I didn't even know anyone made boats like this. They are starships in comparison to most other boats out there and most people either don't know they are an option or are not willing to spend this kind of money one one. Build quality is all relative.
    If someone told me 8 years ago I would spend 100k+ on a boat I would have fallen over laughing in their face. I think that's how most people think of the wakeboat market.
    This is spot on Sonic. Never having a boat growing up in college I thought man I can’t wait to get one of those Tahoe’s at Bass Pro. Lucked into a quality boat with my first used purchase (Monterey deck boat - thing was built like a brick house) and then the wake boat itch.
    2016 Mojo Surf
    Raptor 400
    1100 rear bags / 500 IBS / 600 LeadWake
    Exile amps/tower - Kicker in-boat
    FAE