Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Moomba Kaiyen ballast upgrade

Has anyone added wakeMakers bag busters for Moomba Makai in their Kaiyen?
    Big Swede
    Moomba Kaiyen 20

How does WM not have bags for the Kaiyen yet? That is crazy!!
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Aren't they the same as the new Makai?
    Similar hull just the length is different, but I thought that length was in the middle of the boat not the back.
    Last edited by Holdmybeer; 07-08-2021 at 02:37 PM.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I found out that the bags from manufactures are the exact ones for Makai, so I have my order in for larger bags to fit in my Kaiyen
    Big Swede
    Moomba Kaiyen 20

How did they work?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigswede View Post
    I found out that the bags from manufactures are the exact ones for Makai, so I have my order in for larger bags to fit in my Kaiyen
    Ya man ....curious if these work. I have a message into wakemakers as well.

I put in the Wakemakers bags for a Makai into my Kaiyen this spring and it made a huge difference. I can no easily surf with just my wife and 8 yr old in the boat with plenty of push. Sometimes it’s even too fast and I need to hit the breaks. Can easily now fill the bow bags to 100% to maximize them too. I also put in the Wakemakers vent kit eliminating the need for burping the bags and panel reinforcements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Schlanseay View Post
    I put in the Wakemakers bags for a Makai into my Kaiyen this spring and it made a huge difference. I can no easily surf with just my wife and 8 yr old in the boat with plenty of push. Sometimes it’s even too fast and I need to hit the breaks. Can easily now fill the bow bags to 100% to maximize them too. I also put in the Wakemakers vent kit eliminating the need for burping the bags and panel reinforcements.

I assume you have to pull the bins out? Any idea on how much weight these add vs stock? Pretty much plug and play?

The panel reinforcements needed??

Quote Originally Posted by WildH View Post
    I assume you have to pull the bins out? Any idea on how much weight these add vs stock? Pretty much plug and play?

The panel reinforcements needed??
    Yes the bins need to be pulled out but I’m going to replace with HyprRyde nets. The bags are 100% plug and play (10 minute job). The vent you need to make a couple cuts and use a heat gun to get the fittings together but it’s super easy (I’m not handy at all). I believe the stock bags are 1k or 1100’s (someone correct me if I’m wrong) and the new bags are 1345 each so about 600 lbs depending on what stocks really are.
    Yes the panel reinforcements are needed, it’s a small amount versus have them snap and your bags get ruined and have water all over. Contact Adam Tober on Facebook, he will hook you up.

You will need to reinforce the divider panels. They will pop out on you at some point. Skiers Choice should be making a retrofit for these panels in my opinion. They are not designed well. Mine would pop out when just maxing out my stock bags. Make sure to screw the bottom of the panels into the aluminum track too.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub