Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Flying boat cushions

Does anyone else have probelms with the boat cushions flying out of their boat on the highway, or is it just me? I went to pick up my new 2003 Mob LSV today, and on the way home I lost one out the back. Luckily, I got it back (with a scuff-- doh!!!!), but I don't want to sweat this everytime I get over 50 mph. Do I really need to stuff all of my cushions in storage when I travel? Oh yeah, and what's the best way to get a new cushion? Do the dealers carry these things? Thanks guys.

-New Mobius Owner

I had the same problem. The walkthrough windblock took care of it.

Nafplio~ Did you ever post a write-up on how to make one of those? I've been considering doing one from either plexi or canvas but looking for more ideas? Love to know how you did it, where you got the materials and cost? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iaonbb
    Nafplio~ Did you ever post a write-up on how to make one of those? I've been considering doing one from either plexi or canvas but looking for more ideas? Love to know how you did it, where you got the materials and cost? thanks
    *bump*

I think there was a discussion about this a few years ago and somebody said they used some Velcro with adhesive on the back side to solve it.

Andy

I made a mock-up and then had a local plastics shop cut the pieces out of 1/2 inch plexiglass stock. It was fairly easy. You can sand the plexiglass to round out the edges. It was well worth the effort and money (~ $150). The only thing I regret is that instead of clear, I got the smoke color. I borrowed the idea from the how to section of wakesiderides.com. There are a couple of pics in my webshots photos.

I am trying to imagine how this would happen (A) and how you would even know they flew out (B). Anyone with a newer(06,07) boat have this happen?? Mine seem pretty snug.....
    Contrary to popular belief, a boat does not run on "Thank Yous"

I lost my back seat out of my Outback, but that was out of stupidity. We were docking, and I had been emptying the rear ballast and had the seat laying on the sunpad. The trailer got to the ramp and I throttled over to the dock. I guess the seat slipped off the sunpad and headed for Davie Jones' Locker. $190.00 for a replacement.
    Never had one blow out though
    B

The '06/'07 LSV's have the middle cushions that are not snug. The smallest one behind the drivers seat, and the one over the cooler. I have almost lost mine many times. You can see them bouncing in the rear view mirror sometimes and I slow down. It only happens over 65mph, so many that do not tow on highways may never experience it. I got simple and used a 5 lb ruberized wieght plate, and a piece of the non-skid foam mat. So far, so good.

-Joe

Joe,

Thanks for the warning. I have an 06 LSV and have not given the cushions a second thought. I will have to keep an eye out for them, or snap in the bow cover when towing.

Thanks,

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV