Default Any help with a surf wake would be awesome 😎

Super Random…. We’ve been surfing all summer on our 2013 Moomba Mobius LSV with a great wake. Using a Swell Surf Gate. Half way through the day the other day, the wake just flattened out and started getting washed out. Took it out again yesterday and couldn’t get the wave to curl at all. Loaded the rear ballasts, used the surf gate and wake plate, tried only loading the surf side… literally nothing worked! Nothing happened with the boat, the water is the same, it just suddenly stopped. Could this be a problem with the prop, rudder, or steering? The good wake curls hen we are driving in circles but not straight.. Any ideas!?

Are you sure that your wake plate is at the correct setting? Yes mine was giving me trouble and completely washed out my wave until it was reset.
    2013 Outback V
    2018 Helix sold
    2007 Centurion elite sold

We had always ran the wake plate at 0% and had a great wave. It was in the middle of a run and the wake suddenly flattened out. Then the next time out, we couldn’t get it to produce a wave whatsoever. I tried messing with the wake plate- although I could see the bow raise and lower, no change on the wave (or lack thereof)

Check your ballast…make sure they are filling correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Moomba Mondo Surf Edition

We are headed out today! I’ll make sure. I know the rest ballasts are, as I can see those filling in the lockers. Not even sure where the front/bow ballast even is to be honest lol. I’m wondering if too much weight could be the issue… the man made lake we are on is usually 20-25 feet but is extremely low this year, at 10 feet or less. However, that wasn’t an issue initially, as we never had issues up until the last two times out.

Quote Originally Posted by bealaddison View Post
    Check your ballast…make sure they are filling correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Update!!!

We were able to get a surfable wake today! Sigh of relief. When we bought the Swell surf gate, the instructions said to load the rear ballasts evenly… that was the problem. As soon as I loaded 100% on the surf side and 60% on the non surf side, it popped a killer wake.

Quote Originally Posted by tjberry88 View Post
    We are headed out today! I’ll make sure. I know the rest ballasts are, as I can see those filling in the lockers. Not even sure where the front/bow ballast even is to be honest lol. I’m wondering if too much weight could be the issue… the man made lake we are on is usually 20-25 feet but is extremely low this year, at 10 feet or less. However, that wasn’t an issue initially, as we never had issues up until the last two times out.
    2013 Mobius LSV

I found on my 2013 LSV it needed lots of weight up front, and the wave was actually much better if the shaper was only partially under water when the boat was sitting still. The wave didn't have as much push or length when it was all the way under water... We filled the same as you for the back - 100% surf side and 50-60 % non surf side. We also had extra lead to move around, that mostly went on the surf side and up front in front of driver. Have fun!
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

We will give all of these pointers a shot next time we are out! Thank you! Looking forward to dialing it in even more.

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    I found on my 2013 LSV it needed lots of weight up front, and the wave was actually much better if the shaper was only partially under water when the boat was sitting still. The wave didn't have as much push or length when it was all the way under water... We filled the same as you for the back - 100% surf side and 50-60 % non surf side. We also had extra lead to move around, that mostly went on the surf side and up front in front of driver. Have fun!
    2013 Mobius LSV