Thread: Washed Out Wake

Angry Washed Out Wake

Super Random…. We’ve been surfing all summer on our 2013 Moomba Mobius LSV with a great wake. Using a Swell Surf Gate. Half way through the day, the wake just flattened out and started getting washed out. Took it out again yesterday and couldn’t get the wave to curl at all. Loaded the rear ballasts, used the surf gate, tried only loading the surf side… literally nothing worked! Nothing happened with the boat, the water is the same, it just suddenly stopped. Any ideas!?

Are you watching your wakeplate? When I had a 2013, my wakeplate had a mind of its own. We would start surfing with it all the way up then it would just move to 100% deployed on its own and kill the wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

When we first started, we didn’t use it at all. It was all the way down. Yesterday I tried every position, multiple ballast weight combinations, moving people forward, sideways and upside down… when I’d accelerate it would curl but then washed out and the only way to get a decent wake was by driving in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    Are you watching your wakeplate? When I had a 2013, my wakeplate had a mind of its own. We would start surfing with it all the way up then it would just move to 100% deployed on its own and kill the wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How deep is the water you're running in? Any current?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...