Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    "completely theoretical" You have a very active imagination and WAY too much time on your hands bro. Anyway you don't get cuffed for blowing a .10 or have to do a FST if you're not behind the wheel. Maybe an 'appearing in public' charge but usually that's too trivial to mess with. duh...
    I couldn’t believe it.. wanna talk about to much time on their hands haha

Also glad you caught that hose before it was a long day on the water

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    I waited to long to edit the original post so here is the story haha

Went down after work with two friends, tried to surf and wave had great shape but no push. Frantically called friends and ate dinner at the marina waiting for them to arrive. My friend "Sam" had a few drinks with dinner and by the time we had about 5 friends arrive it was about 8:30pm. We went out surfing went amazingly and no issues. There was a bass fishing tournament however we idled around them and never saw them when we went back out surfing. We then swam around and floated well into about 10pm. Then my friend sam begs to surf just one last time on the way in. The lake is completely dead and we aren't but 1 cove over from the boat ramp. As we approach the no wake zone I signal for him to ride onto the swim deck. We then idle down to no wake well before the zone and idle on in. He grabs the truck keys and I drop him off at the dock nose end. Then 6 Wild life officers appear and rush down the dock to confront him. I circle back because at this point I'm sure nothing a friendly conversation can't fix. They claim they saw us wake surfing even though we were 1000yds out from shore. Also they claim they had multiple people report us. (this is hard to believe as in the drive in we saw zero other boats) Sam admits to wake surfing and we try to be as polite as possible. They are writing me a ticket for night skiing and I don't contest. Then they allow him to go get the truck, however he never comes back. Finally a officer comes back down the ramp with my truck keys saying I will have to go get the truck because they have taken Sam to JAIL..
    He admitted to them on the way he had some drinks at dinner however he was not driving the truck home only backing it down the ramp, blew a .10 before ever touching the truck thinking they just wanted to make sure he could back the truck safely. They put him in handcuffs and hauled him off with no wallet, phone or even shoes wearing a t shirt and wet swim trunks.
    They inform me where I can go and get him as if I do not he will spend the night in the drunk tank and hand me my $50 citation for night sking.
    Upon finally arriving at the sheriffs depo I go in and the actual sheriff was super friendly and thought the whole thing was stupid and we go through everything I need to release him. Then we have to wait two hours for them to get done interrogating sam before they finally release him at 1:30am. We got stopped at 10pm..
    He walks out with a $250 "manipulating a surf board while intoxicated" and also a $50 "sking after dark" ticket.
    right before he was released the main wild life officer who was well being a prick came out and I asked him if sam had said something rude to them and wanted to apologize if he had. The officer said "what? your friend was nothing but polite and cordial." At this point I had lost my patience and sarcastically said so all this is just standard procedure where I then got a lecture on all the other tickets he could have wrote.

I just wanted to share with the group about the dangers of night surfing and by gosh manipulating a surf board after a drink. It's worth noting sam passed the field sobriety test with flying colors and other than blowing over the limit you would have never known he had 1 drink much less the probably 3 he did have.

Real question is anyone see anything wrong with this story. I wouldn't have thought we both would have gotten "Night sking" tickets and I as the driver would have only gotten it.
    Another fun side note: the cops admitted they were very confused when we never stopped to turn around and pick him up but was sure they saw someone back there haha

Also this is a completely theoretical story and is not anything that happened or anything...
    Wow- crazy story! I feel bad for your buddy! Reminds me of a commercial a local lawyer runs- “If you get pulled over by the police don’t say anything to the officer.. it will be used against you.”

I wonder if the tickets were to appease the locals who complained about the surfing? (If they really did complain).

Not to turn this into a debate- But I have a few friends with lake homes in WI and can tell you they don’t like people wake surfing on their lakes. I mentioned to my one buddy I was going to stop over with our Max and take them surfing..he was like NO WAY not on our lake (they are on a chain of lakes)-He claims wakesurfers had their lake all turned up and cloudy and others claim it was eroding the shoreline. Wakesurfers have a worse reputation than jet skiers..

I expect more resistance to surfing in the future...lake laws or rules will be created ..
    Last edited by brad460; 07-06-2021 at 07:13 PM.
    2021 Moomba Max

I'm alive...

4th of July lunch on water

Black vinyl is hot when it's 114 outside

Bring it all to a waterfront wedding.

Prineville reservoir delivered.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Real question is anyone see anything wrong with this story.
    Also this is a completely theoretical story and is not anything that happened or anything...
    hate to say it but I see one glaring issue with the story IF it's true.

NEVER hand the keys to anyone that has been drinking. IF it's true and he blew a .10, that's legally done and I know everyone is different but the story COULD have ended with your truck/trailer in the lake, or worse yet, someone else at the ramp and hit. I'd park and go get the truck myself.

** my post is completely theoretical as I didn't spend any time thinking about it nor typing it out
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Also, I almost sunk my boat on the first trip out this year and cost myself around $1500.

Lid to raw water impeller came off while I was surfing.
    Exhaust manifolds overheated.
    Melted the plastic 3.5" thru hulls (but I couldn't see because they were underwater).
    Water was coming in faster than I could pump it out. I was also surf ballasted.
    I had to choose between letting my boat sink vs making a panic run to the dock (I was within sight of it).
    I made it to the dock, but broke the internals of my water jacketed exhaust manifold that is an indmar only part.

I'm now straight piped with muffler delete (tons of engine bay room achieved).
    I have SS pipe sleeving the inside of my 3.5 thru hulls that I had to cut off the melted bits and repurpose (because they're not available anymore and anything SS was 4").
    New manifold was expensive!!! But easy to install.
    I did the 340 CAT ETX cooling system reroute while I was at it.

Only down for about a week.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I waited to long to edit the original post so here is the story haha

Went down after work with two friends, tried to surf and wave had great shape but no push. Frantically called friends and ate dinner at the marina waiting for them to arrive. My friend "Sam" had a few drinks with dinner and by the time we had about 5 friends arrive it was about 8:30pm. We went out surfing went amazingly and no issues. There was a bass fishing tournament however we idled around them and never saw them when we went back out surfing. We then swam around and floated well into about 10pm. Then my friend sam begs to surf just one last time on the way in. The lake is completely dead and we aren't but 1 cove over from the boat ramp. As we approach the no wake zone I signal for him to ride onto the swim deck. We then idle down to no wake well before the zone and idle on in. He grabs the truck keys and I drop him off at the dock nose end. Then 6 Wild life officers appear and rush down the dock to confront him. I circle back because at this point I'm sure nothing a friendly conversation can't fix. They claim they saw us wake surfing even though we were 1000yds out from shore. Also they claim they had multiple people report us. (this is hard to believe as in the drive in we saw zero other boats) Sam admits to wake surfing and we try to be as polite as possible. They are writing me a ticket for night skiing and I don't contest. Then they allow him to go get the truck, however he never comes back. Finally a officer comes back down the ramp with my truck keys saying I will have to go get the truck because they have taken Sam to JAIL..
    He admitted to them on the way he had some drinks at dinner however he was not driving the truck home only backing it down the ramp, blew a .10 before ever touching the truck thinking they just wanted to make sure he could back the truck safely. They put him in handcuffs and hauled him off with no wallet, phone or even shoes wearing a t shirt and wet swim trunks.
    They inform me where I can go and get him as if I do not he will spend the night in the drunk tank and hand me my $50 citation for night sking.
    Upon finally arriving at the sheriffs depo I go in and the actual sheriff was super friendly and thought the whole thing was stupid and we go through everything I need to release him. Then we have to wait two hours for them to get done interrogating sam before they finally release him at 1:30am. We got stopped at 10pm..
    He walks out with a $250 "manipulating a surf board while intoxicated" and also a $50 "sking after dark" ticket.
    right before he was released the main wild life officer who was well being a prick came out and I asked him if sam had said something rude to them and wanted to apologize if he had. The officer said "what? your friend was nothing but polite and cordial." At this point I had lost my patience and sarcastically said so all this is just standard procedure where I then got a lecture on all the other tickets he could have wrote.

I just wanted to share with the group about the dangers of night surfing and by gosh manipulating a surf board after a drink. It's worth noting sam passed the field sobriety test with flying colors and other than blowing over the limit you would have never known he had 1 drink much less the probably 3 he did have.

Real question is anyone see anything wrong with this story. I wouldn't have thought we both would have gotten "Night sking" tickets and I as the driver would have only gotten it.
    Another fun side note: the cops admitted they were very confused when we never stopped to turn around and pick him up but was sure they saw someone back there haha

OR law is sunset and WA law is an hour after sunset. So we're all good in WA because it's dark AF an hour after sunset. Ask me how I know.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Josh, what lake were you on? Was it NC or GA?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I had a friend riding his two children (6 & on our jetski this weekend while his wife, my family and other friends were surfing. He was NOT doing anything crazy. Just cruising along slowly watching us surf. All of a sudden the DNR come flying across the lake and stops him. They give him a ticket for operating within 100 ft of another vessel. Really surprised me they didn't give him a warning. And to be honest, he was not driving crazy, nor in my opinion ever got within probably 50 ft of us for kids to say hey to mom, and that was only when we were idling around to pick up a surfer when they dropped. Two officers on the boat, and he was talking fishing/hunting with one of them while the other took his information. He told them his wife/kids mom was on our boat and thought at most a verbal warning as they realized he was not drinking or jumping wake. When the other officer handed him a citation, the officer he was talking to said "wow" quietly under his breath.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

To reply to everyone,
    my theoretical friend was completely coherent and I trusted to back the truck in however if he would have got in the truck and something would have happened the ticket could have been life altering so definitely rethinking that whole process..

And it was well past “sunset” of like 8:30pm unfortunately we knew we were in the wrong night surfing however thought that would be the end of it.

And we were on a NC lake. So one hour past sunset is the law and it does say you cannot be under the influence and do any water sports

Everyone does hate the wake surfing world and I do understand why however the only people out were the bass fisherman and when I saw them they were staging up and I idled through them nicely talking to a few so I think the “reports” were bs.. then again only red boat on the lake haha

But has anyone else ever received a ticket for both the driver and rider for after hours?

I’m not going to lie if it is just 1 $50 dollar pay it ticket I would just consider that the cost of renting the lake after hours hahaha
    However the cop did threaten me with “reckless endangerment” and a few related others I’m sure they would tack on if caught again
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

To reply to everyone,
    my theoretical friend was completely coherent and I trusted to back the truck in however if he would have got in the truck and something would have happened the ticket could have been life altering so definitely rethinking that whole process..

And it was well past “sunset” of like 8:30pm unfortunately we knew we were in the wrong night surfing however thought that would be the end of it.

And we were on a NC lake. So one hour past sunset is the law and it does say you cannot be under the influence and do any water sports

Everyone does hate the wake surfing world and I do understand why however the only people out were the bass fisherman and when I saw them they were staging up and I idled through them nicely talking to a few so I think the “reports” were bs.. then again only red boat on the lake haha

But has anyone else ever received a ticket for both the driver and rider for after hours?

I’m not going to lie if it is just 1 $50 dollar pay it ticket I would just consider that the cost of renting the lake after hours hahaha
    However the cop did threaten me with “reckless endangerment” and a few related others I’m sure they would tack on if caught again
    Sun doesn't set until after 9pm...

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    www.TraysonsToybox.com