Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Slalmon behind 21 SL

Seriously considering giving this a go. Haven't slalmoned in about 20 years, but how hard could it be, right? Anybody ski with their SL?

Wondering if a narrower ski is better than a more forgiving, wider ski? I'll need to test the wakes at 28 mph and see if it is doable. What do I do with 800lbs of lead we use for surfing? Geez, that will be some work unloading and reloading for a ski!

Maybe I need to find a friend with a DD. These are first world problems!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Empty everything and put the 800# in the bow. Trim plate all the way down. It won't be pretty but it is doable.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I seond that. I ski behind our Mondo which is supposed to be a crossover boat, and it's doable however you need to be in the 30's. Weight in the front. At 28 mph you won't be happy with the wake. A narrower ski won't do you any favors at low speeds either, you'll need to keep them on edge with lots of line tension. I would recommend an open water ski to get you going after 20 years. It'll also cross the wake easier. Evo.com has HO Freeride (blem) on sale for $157 now. It's good up to 32 mph. Practice a little and figure out what you want at that point.
    2022 MB F22 Alpha
    2021 Mondo (sold)
    2020 Grand Island Fish
    2017 Sea-Doo Spark

Thanks for the advice. Trying to find a couple of skis I can try before I buy anything. Will check that one out.

I might take the 500 lbs of lead midship out to try this. Leave the 300 in the bow and see what that looks like. I will try and take a picture or two of the wake and post.

Cheers

If you haven't ski'd in 20 years, get the Advil ready!!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Hahaha, yup. Its gonna hurt

Don't cross fast and you won't need the advil.
    The legs might feel a little jello like afterwards. Be prepared to just float for a few afterwards.
    I started stretching before we go out.....getting old hurts
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

The whole reason I got rid of my old boat and bought a surf boat was so that I could keep doing water sports (Lower impact surfing) and not feel all the joint aches and pains that kneeboards and wakeboards give you as you get older. Now I get to keep driving the boat and watch all my kids and their friends surf all the time. . Up side is at least my knees don't hurt!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

AHH yes to skiing! I ski almost weekly with a friend on his MC DD. occasionally we would ski behind our LSV when we had it, and now our Mondo. I concur with most of what is said above. i would not remove the lead, or even move it around. It would not be worth the effort for the 5 minutes you will ski. the wake bump will be big, you may show the fin clear out of the water. I would certainly go with a freeride type ski. a comp on edge i htink will really suck. I ski an old HO Triumph. and we don't ski course.
    19 Mondo
    08 LSV, forever loved

We ski every so often on our Makai, 31-32mph seems to be about right for it to minimize the wake with people in the bow.
    2021 Makai