Thread: Oil Change tips

Default Oil Change tips

Does anyone have any tips on changing oil on a Mobius V? I still cant figure out how to get to the oil filter. I removed the ballast tanks but I cant get to the filter to remove.

Do you mean you can't get the filter loosened? Are you using an oil filter wrench?

Brian

Default oil change

No, I can't get my hand,wrench or anything else to the filter. I can see it but is blocked by a metal fitting with a hose attchaced to either end.

Brian Raymond Guest

Default Oil change

This may sound long and a pain in the butt, however, it's not bad. The long metal tube is the transmission cooler, which is attached to a clamp, bolted to the block with a 11/16" hex bolt. First remove the clamp on the water intake side of the cooler, and move the hose out of your way. Then, remove the bolt holding the cooler to the side of the block(do not remove the affixed hoses), and lay it o the side. Then, loosen the oil filter w/a filter wrench, wrap a discarded bread bag around the filter, and loosen the rest of the way. The bread bag will help catch any oil from dripping into the bilge, and make removal of the filter overboard less messy. Be sure to line the underlying areas w/rags or scrap carpet. When installing the new filter, fill it w/new oil first, just under the threads, and rub some around the new gasket b4 installing hand tight. Write the #of hrs. w/a Sharpie on a visible side to keep up w/ oil changes. Then reconnect the above, be sure the clamp is secure on the water intake side of the trans. cooler. Keep me posted if more info. needed, copy of your manual goes out on 7/22. Brian Raymond

Brian Raymond Guest

Default Oil change tips

There are some previous posts; How is oil filter changed(6-30), and; Oil change(7-1), you may also want to check out under this heading. Brian Raymond