Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

I will say so far the durability seems really good. I recall that 2019 PWT boat showed no damage and that interior was used hard with all the people and equipment on that boat.

I honestly don’t understand the sunscreen staining unless your crew is lathering up on the boat and sitting on vinyl with wet sunscreen or using the spray sunscreens.

I will say, I am really happy I have the chill tech but I didn’t have a choice on a Supra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I will say so far the durability seems really good. I recall that 2019 PWT boat showed no damage and that interior was used hard with all the people and equipment on that boat.

I honestly don’t understand the sunscreen staining unless your crew is lathering up on the boat and sitting on vinyl with wet sunscreen or using the spray sunscreens.

I will say, I am really happy I have the chill tech but I didn’t have a choice on a Supra.

With 10 people on the boat for 10+ hours everyone has to reapply at some point several times throughout the day. I try to police it as best I can but invariably someone slathers it on grabs a beer forgets about it and sits down. It's unavoidable unless I'm a nazi on the boat which I don't want to be. Just part of it and it woundn't be a big deal at all if I could use a more powerful cleaner.
    Don't get me wrong it's not bad at all and most people probably wouldn't notice it but I see it.
    2020 Supra SA

Chill tech works for sure. It’s kinda strange, initial temps can get hot still, but add a breeze or add pressure to the surface and it drops 25F almost immediately.

The required cleaner is Dawn dish soap 30-1. It works great to clean vinyl.

I doubt the coating will wear off if you follow spraulding recommendations.

Is it worth the cost? Can’t answer that.

Besides cost, the other consideration for Moomba owners is pattern.

If you want to do Chill-tec, there are only two vinyl color choices and the welt itself.

I was initially planning on doing a light graphite/dark graphite with intense green welt.

If I wanna do Chill-tec it'd have to be all dark graphite (w/ green welt).

I'm 90% on the chill-tec....once I can visualize the interior on the builder, that should put me over.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Besides cost, the other consideration for Moomba owners is pattern.

If you want to do Chill-tec, there are only two vinyl color choices and the welt itself.

I was initially planning on doing a light graphite/dark graphite with intense green welt.

If I wanna do Chill-tec it'd have to be all dark graphite (w/ green welt).

I'm 90% on the chill-tec....once I can visualize the interior on the builder, that should put me over.

Just a heads up on dark graphite chill tech.

In my opinion it’s much lighter than what builder shows, at least on a Supra.

I think the Supra black is more like a dark graphite and the Supra dark graphite is more like a light graphite.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I know my dealer said they have no build spots left and the new models aren't even out yet. he said i would have to wait for the 2023 models to order. how the hell can that happen someone please tell me.

Default 2022 Moomba models?

Builder versus reality.

BTW there is no temperature difference between black and dark graphite when I measured both colors in direct sunlight.

Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-27-2021 at 03:46 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Jason1975 View Post
    I know my dealer said they have no build spots left and the new models aren't even out yet. he said i would have to wait for the 2023 models to order. how the hell can that happen someone please tell me.
    Depends on the dealer, some get more build slots than others. Might meet to try a different dealer if it’s even possible.
    2013 Malibu VLX
    2021 Kaiyen
    2022 Supra SA (coming soon)

Builder versus reality.

BTW there is no temperature difference between black and dark graphite when I measured both colors in direct sunlight.

I'm not really concerned with temperature....more so lack of visual contrast (monochromatic).

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX