Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bimini Installation

Ok so I received my Factory Bimini top from the dealer today for my 05 Outback. Came with all the hardware to install it, however no instructions were included. I can see by looking at some of the pics posted on the board where the mounts go as well as the front eyelets. I cant seem to figure out where the rear ones go.

If anyone has installation instructions or could post some pics of exactly where everything is positioned on their boat it would help out huge.

Thanks

Jay

I've been looking around but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. Check some of the rides on wakeside. Good luck.

Default Re: Bimini Installation

Quote Originally Posted by Smrtz
    Ok so I received my Factory Bimini top from the dealer today for my 05 Outback. Came with all the hardware to install it, however no instructions were included. I can see by looking at some of the pics posted on the board where the mounts go as well as the front eyelets. I cant seem to figure out where the rear ones go.

If anyone has installation instructions or could post some pics of exactly where everything is positioned on their boat it would help out huge.

Thanks

Jay
    If mine would ever come back I'd take pics for you.
    Still waiting for Boatmate to return the trailer (45 days and counting!)

jay, if i recall from when i had my outback the two rear clips, hooks, whatever you want to call them, were installed to the deck about 3-5 inches behind the windshield.

i just looked for some pics but i deleted them.

Thanks QB

Hey Jay.
    The eyelet clips go on the deck near the air intakes in front of the windshield. I don't think it's critical exactly where you place them as long as they are symmetric because you can adjust the front straps on the bimini.

Then you are left with the two black anchor attachments for each side. On my '03 Outback one is mounted about half-way up the windshield frame. That one has a small wedge piece that goes under it so it conforms to the round frame. The other one goes about 4" behind the windshield on the deck. I'm surprised the Skier's Choice guys didn't send specific mounting instructions.

If they can't send you the factory mounting instructions/placement I would make sure I looked at one that's installed before I did my own. It should not be hard to do, you just have to have the positions pretty close so the bimini fits and works properly.

Default Re: Bimini Installation

Tower or no tower?

Jay -

If mine wasn't already installed I would go with these tower clamps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._promot_widget

They do away with the straps and give it a rigid mount. They are a machine shop that also makes killer wakeboard (and kneeboard) racks for cheap.

Just a thought.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by gotmyboat
    Jay -

If mine wasn't already installed I would go with these tower clamps.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll..._promot_widget

They do away with the straps and give it a rigid mount. They are a machine shop that also makes killer wakeboard (and kneeboard) racks for cheap.

Just a thought.
    Dave
    dave, i looked at what you are recommending. so does this also include poles to replace the straps. also how is it stored.

doug

It would be stored the same way as a factory install. Zip it in the boot and strap it to the tower. I am not sure if that price includes the poles. If not, they make custom biminis so I'm sure they can make the poles to length. I'm not sure how much the would charge for that. It would be worth it to me to have a more rigid mount without drilling holes in the boat. I am going to have them make me a kneeboard rack, as I am getting kneeboard #2 this year. I will then have 4 wakeboards and 2 kneeboards on the rack. Also 2 slalom skis and a pair of doubles in the ski locker. Better there than on the floor of the boat.

Let me know what you decide on this.

Dave