Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default 2015 Moomba Mondo drive submerged

I’m currently 28hrs from home and not going to be back there until Friday. My son sent me these photos today of how much water was in the boat.

He and the neighbor pumped it out and checked the engine oil. No water there…phew! They did not check the transmission or vee drive oil. I’m worried water made its way into the trans or vee drive through the vents.

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Should I be worried about water in the transmission or vee drive? Appreciate any solid advice…or other people experiences.

This will be the first thing I check when I get home, but just wondering if I should have them check tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Moomba Mondo Surf Edition

I would check my automatic bilge pump too. It shouldn't let it get that deep.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    I would check my automatic bilge pump too. It shouldn't let it get that deep.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Yes…plan to do that also. It was working when I left. Not sure why it didn’t pump out. It was left in auto.

first thing I'd add is another bilge. $100 is cheap insurance.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

First off, wow. How does this happen? Rain or a leak?

Second, the only way to check the fluid would be to pull a sample from the bottom. A long straw, oil extractor, etc. to see if you can get water out of the cases (oil floats). Worst case changing those fluid are not hard to do with an extractor.

Third, sandm is right, a second bilge pump or at least a new one. Check you batteries and bilge circuit also. A blown fuse could be the problem.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

The boat is new to me. I work away 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off. Was able to use the boat for 5 days before I left. Bilge pump worked great, noticed it cycle as people were in and out of the boat and water accumulated in the bilge. I put the cover back on and left the boat tied to the dock…very explicit instructions for my wife, kids, and neighbors to check the boat often and especially if it rained. Obv no one checked it until they found it in this condition.

The auto function of the bilge pump obv failed. It does work in manual as that was how they were able to pump the boat out. Battery is fine as it started the boat after pumping out the water and checking the oil. Have already ordered a new bilge pump. Neighbor says after they pumped it out, they checked it 3-4 times through the day and no more water accumulated, so no leak. It must have been rain water accumulation. I do have the center sun pad off as I’m having it re-covered. Not sure if that let more rain water enter??

As I’m not with the boat to check it…I was just asking for other peoples experiences. If I should be concerned about the transmission and vee drive having water? If I should get one of my neighbors to check it? Or if it’s ok to wait till I get back home in 3 days?

Water in the V-drive or trans it won't hurt it to wait 3 days, just don't run it around the lake. Definitely make sure when you get there the oil is oil and not milky water mix, or just change it for good measure. The Mobil Delvac 50 for the V-drive can be found a Grainger Industrial supply if you have one close by or order from Amazon today and have it waiting on you when you get home.

The bilge pump has me questioning mine also (my boat is the same age). Works in manual, but if the float switch is bad, I guess this is what happens. The sun pad not being on did not help but if you got that much rain, then the water would have found its way in regardless. Hope everything turns out ok and you can keep enjoying summer. Might want to use some spray lube on your steering cable once you get it all dry. The lube can get washed off and it will make steering hard later in life. It was under water behind the engine.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Water in the V-drive or trans it won't hurt it to wait 3 days, just don't run it around the lake. Definitely make sure when you get there the oil is oil and not milky water mix, or just change it for good measure. The Mobil Delvac 50 for the V-drive can be found a Grainger Industrial supply if you have one close by or order from Amazon today and have it waiting on you when you get home.

The bilge pump has me questioning mine also (my boat is the same age). Works in manual, but if the float switch is bad, I guess this is what happens. The sun pad not being on did not help but if you got that much rain, then the water would have found its way in regardless. Hope everything turns out ok and you can keep enjoying summer. Might want to use some spray lube on your steering cable once you get it all dry. The lube can get washed off and it will make steering hard later in life. It was under water behind the engine.
    This boat will have the Indmar VeeDrive I believe?

Yep....same as my 2015 Mojo.

The red sticker in your picture of the submerged V-Drive..."Mobil Delvac Synthetic" - oil you need to change it.
    Transmission is Dex 6
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Yep....same as my 2015 Mojo.

The red sticker in your picture of the submerged V-Drive..."Mobil Delvac Synthetic" - oil you need to change it.
    Transmission is Dex 6
    Appreciate the info!