Default Loud rattle noise coming from dash (2018 Mojo)

So to start, I had just swapped props. After a day of surfing and what not we had ran through some debris and obviously hit something with the new prop on. The boat was making some type of vibration upon throttle. Got the boat on the trailer, prop still looks brand new. The next day I found a large branch wedged between the prop and the trailer thinking that is what was causing the vibration and possibly got kicked out with a reverse thrust or something. None the less I had to take it out to see if this was indeed the issue. We took it out the next day and the vibration was gone! However now with loaded boat and coming out of the hole for surfing with the wheel being turned (more noticeable to the right turn) there is a loud clicking type noise. The wheel is also more favorable to turn right (Feels firm turning left and loose turning right) I can’t remember if this was something normal or not as several things are running through my head as an issue. My first thought was possibly the steering cable. I talked to some people and then did some more exploring.
    - Checked prop again (to the eye it still looks brand new)
    - Drive shaft / Strut looks straight and good.
    -Rudder does not look bent
    - I reset the prop double checking key alignment as well.
    We then took the boat out again to evaluate and I do not notice the noise until powering on to the trailer, we also didn't surf or load the boat down with weight this day.
    - I did the rudder test and there's a video if loaded that shows that, It doesn't seem like it moves much but this is my first boat (2018 Mojo) so I really don't know what is a lot or not.
    - also while doing this I looked at the rudder components inside while my wife was moving the rudder. where it connects to the steering cable there is another video and if you're able to listen to the noise, this is the sound I'm hearing but super amplified up to the helm.
    Questions:
    -- Is this what could be the issue? Or what else?
    -- Is it the boat ok to drive with this if so until I can get it serviced?
    -- Is it something easy enough to fix on my own?
    Note- Once my old prop gets back, I am taking this one off to get checked just in case and will re evaluate with the old refurbished prop

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
    Branch Stuck.jpg
    Devin,
    2018 Moomba Mojo

This is the rudder test. My wife is moving it while I'm videoing in the previous post of the internals.
    Devin,
    2018 Moomba Mojo

To me the noise sounds like the bolt from the tiller arm to the rudder could be loose. However, the play in your rudder is similar to mine, and mine leaks through the rudder port.

I am changing seals tomorrow (fingers-crossed) and I hope the play is reduced and more importantly the water stops. If you have time or going back out, check the rudder port in the lake/river, and see if water is coming in. Very hard to see the port past the engine, but mine leaks at first and then slows way down as we run. At the end of the day 3-5 gallons are in the bilge.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Yep! just picked up my prop and showed the guy these videos and he said the same. He said to keep an eye on the rudder port area for water, and that theres some play in the rudder but maybe not enough to be to concerning unless theres water issue. I always have a little water in my bilge area but probably only half way up the T Plug at most by the end of a day out. The motor area usually seems pretty dry. He then said to spray some white lithium grease on that bolt assembly. if the noise goes away then ill know thats what needs checked on. I dont know if theres supposed to be a rubber bushing or something that just wore out between the bolt but Ill keep checking and update.

Thanks for the quick reply!
    Devin,
    2018 Moomba Mojo

From what I was told by South Eastern Foundries (SEF), the rudder has 2 o-rings that seal out water, seal in grease, and support the rudder shaft.
    Mine does exactly what yours does. If I'm out with a light crew and don't take water over the bow I get the same amount of water at the T-plug.
    I am working on this tomorrow and I will probably do a write up since you are now the 3rd person having this issues.

How many hours do you have?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    From what I was told by South Eastern Foundries (SEF), the rudder has 2 o-rings that seal out water, seal in grease, and support the rudder shaft.
    Mine does exactly what yours does. If I'm out with a light crew and don't take water over the bow I get the same amount of water at the T-plug.
    I am working on this tomorrow and I will probably do a write up since you are now the 3rd person having this issues.

How many hours do you have?
    Sounds good let me know...... probaly about 130 on the hrs now? give or take. My thought is if i did hit something and wedge a thick branch somehwere down underthere... that would have had to put some pressure on the rudder, and thats what would have caused it to happen.
    Devin,
    2018 Moomba Mojo

In true fashion... it was a the prop. Finally swapped the prop out and the boat sounds exactly on point. Probably should have listened to a few people the first time around. With that being said the prop still looked brand new but one blade hade a slight bend to it, hard to even tell by the eye especially while on the boat. But just an update.
    Thanks for all the responses.
    Devin,
    2018 Moomba Mojo