Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ballast Bags Losing some water

I fill my bags 100% and double check them that they are full. After about a hour of surfing, they seem to have lost some water (I believe in the overflow) I go head and cap them off and no problem. Anyone else have this problem? But sort of a pain.....and when I complain to my daughter that she hit or changed the settings, it's usually the bags that were the problem. Solution?
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Are they just draining or do you have water in the bilge?

I would suggest autowake is dumping to maintain pitch and roll settings if there is no water in the bilge.
    Water in the boat and you have a bag leak, vent hose, extra caps not tight, hose fitting, etc.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Mine do the same. I think its a combo of air and water escaping out the overflow hose ( i have the WM exact fit with the self venting instead of a PRV which i hate) that make the bags deflate. I have the opposite problem in my port side over flow hose. As it fills it kinks the hose and blocks it from draining. Ive tried adjusting the hose with no luck. I recently put a couple hose clamp on the kink to try and keep it open. I have my doubts on this fix. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by Surgical_ass; 06-18-2021 at 10:00 AM.
    '18 mojo

Interesting. I will have to check mine next time to see if they are doing that. As of now, I don't believe they are, but have not specifically looks to see. Do your ballast percentage indicators on the screen actually show a loss or drop?

On the hose kink issue, if you can find the right diameter of pvc or or pipe that is just big enough to Slide over the hose, then cut a short piece to act as a sleeve and slip it over the area that keeps kicking. You may even be able to slit the hard pipe and snap it over the hose to make installation easier. Then put the hose clamp over the slit pipe to keep it from opening back up.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

I hate auto correct and spell check!! "Or pe pipe". ( It just freaking tried to change "pe" to "or" on me again just now. Doesn't like pe for some reason) and that is "pe" as in Polyethylene.
    "Kinking area" too.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

My fill percentages dont change unless i flip the switch. The bags usually stay tight until we make the 1st run. Must be the angle that releases air/water then
    '18 mojo

Another thought, when your ballast impellers are starting to wear out, you will lose water back through the pump. I thought the same thing about overflow vent on my 15 Mojo, another member suggested impellers. Changed them out and no more water loss.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Quote Originally Posted by KnoxMojo View Post
    Another thought, when your ballast impellers are starting to wear out, you will lose water back through the pump. I thought the same thing about overflow vent on my 15 Mojo, another member suggested impellers. Changed them out and no more water loss.
    Agree, this has happened on mine before ('13 Mojo). I've also had actual leaks on the bags as well. Suppose the newer boats have a few more variables at play but these are good things to start with.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

My thought is that it is coming out of the overfill drain. When you start before getting on plane the pitch is steep. Being that I have 1000' in the middle compartments, and attached to the rears, could there be force pushing the rears into the overflow?
    Fill guage does not change
    Everything brand new pretty much, and never occured when I had the stock set up.
    No water in hull, so no leaks.

My true throught is what I stated above, and didn't knwo if anyone with the same set up had it occuring.

Don't get me wrong, its definatley not the end of the world and it takes a few mintues to fill back up, and our wave is terrific......just curious.

1200's rear 1000' middle 1000 center and 500-750 bow depending on how many people

Never use Auto Wake. 100%. 25% @ 11.0-11.5
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    Mine do the same. I think its a combo of air and water escaping out the overflow hose ( i have the WM exact fit with the self venting instead of a PRV which i hate) that make the bags deflate. I have the opposite problem in my port side over flow hose. As it fills it kinks the hose and blocks it from draining. Ive tried adjusting the hose with no luck. I recently put a couple hose clamp on the kink to try and keep it open. I have my doubts on this fix. Any other ideas?

You make me have a thought with your comments. Maybe my middle to rear connection hose has too much extra hose and combo with air and lower location of extra hose could cause a siphon effect.

I am only loosing 50 lbs on each and no more. Just not tight anymore, and its defiantly water and not air. I have a little longer hose from middle to rear for play when they are deflated. Mmmmmmm

Thank you all for your thoughts
    2022 MAX
    Steamboat,CO