Default Moomba max ballast system

Hello, new member here
    I sold my 2002 malibu a few weeks ago and looking at the moomba max for my next boat.
    I watched pretty much all the youtube videos about it and read through the website but i'd like to know more about the g6 ballast system on the 2021 model. As i understand it, there is about 4k ballast, both rear lockers hold about 1.2k, where is the 1.6k left? In the bow or under the main floor? In one big bag?

I understand that with the stock 4k ballast + 4.5k boat weight, the surf wave is ok at best, most of you run 5-6k ballast?
    How bad is fuel consumption with 5-6k ballast?

Thank you very much!
    My local dealer will be arranging a demo in a couple weeks, can't wait

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Also wanted to know, are there overflows to all the ballast bags? You hit the fill switches and stop them when they start overflowing?

The g6 has 6 pumps to fill faster, totally worth it IMO.

I believe the max has one large center bag in front of the fuel tank under the main floor yes.

Fuel consumption will depends on use and your prop, prop pitch down for the extra weight and it shouldn't cause too much of an issue on fuel consumption.
    2020 Supra SA

I have a 2020 max but I think the ballast system is the same for 2021. You have 1k bags in each locker, 500lbs bags under midship seats with false floor covering so that you still have storage, and a 1k bag in the front. 4K total with 6 pumps to fill quicker. I run 5500 pounds when I surf at altitude and consume 6-8 gallons per hour. That’s non stop surfing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh ok i see so 5 differents bags with 6 pumps... midship and rear locker bags are piggybacked with 2 pumps each and 2 pumps for the bow bag?

Does it have a sensor to know when they're full or they just start overflowing on the sides and thats your cue to stop filling?

Yes the locker and midship together have a sensor and the front has its own sensor. On your screen if the ballast bags are full there will be a red dot above the bag. Also, the sensor will shut your pump off if it reads full and you still have more time on your switch to fill that bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by julien.chartrand View Post
    Oh ok i see so 5 differents bags with 6 pumps... midship and rear locker bags are piggybacked with 2 pumps each and 2 pumps for the bow bag?

Does it have a sensor to know when they're full or they just start overflowing on the sides and thats your cue to stop filling?

Mine is a new to me 2019 front bag over flowed when I filled it the back bags didn’t but I could physically see the were full.

Quote Originally Posted by gedakbx View Post
    Mine is a new to me 2019 front bag over flowed when I filled it the back bags didn’t but I could physically see the were full.
    Likely air in the rear bags. The sensors aren’t the best IMO. I always override them and don’t stop until I see water pouring out the overflows. I raised my sensors up as high as I can get them to prevent any false trips that can happen. They’re mounted just barely above the waterline for the rear stock bags. If you add WM bags be sure to raise the sensor on 2019+ Max.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold