Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fiberglass...diy or not

Well it happened.....putting the boat in, wife tried to backup and of course we all know these boats don't turn, and the swim platform rubbed the dock. The metal framework dock. So now I either pay for some gelcoat repair or try myself. I stayed calm and supportive because she was already mad enough for both of us. It looks to be only gelcoat damage and the fiberglass just needs cleaned up.

Biggest problem is it is faded red so color match will suck.
    Just looking for opinions, should I try it or not? What kit do you guys recommend? Would 2oz do it or do I need 4oz?
    About 6 inches long.

20210613_175823.jpg
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I'd totally do that myself. I'd use the factory color and call it a day.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I'd totally do that myself. I'd use the factory color and call it a day.
    Yep and if it still bothers you have a professional redo it over the winter when they have less work.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Well for a stipe that long, how much material do I need? I was thinking only 2 oz but the instruction say quarter size. This is definitely bigger than quarter size, but not deep at all. Just don't want to be 100% in and have 1/2 the material I need.

Thanks for the support. I think I have a weekend projects coming up, between this and the rudder seals.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

I agree patch that yourself should take half an afternoon.
    I think a spectrum 2oz patch paste should cover it. Maybe get 2 just to be safe and if you don't use it you'll have it for next time. They are cheap and handy to have around anyway.

I think this is your color:
    https://spectrumcolor-com.3dcartstor...-21_p_849.html
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    I agree patch that yourself should take half an afternoon.
    I think a spectrum 2oz patch paste should cover it. Maybe get 2 just to be safe and if you don't use it you'll have it for next time. They are cheap and handy to have around anyway.

I think this is your color:
    https://spectrumcolor-com.3dcartstor...-21_p_849.html
    Yeah...that is the one I just had the wife order. iBoats says in stock then when ordering say ships in 2 weeks. I hope it is faster than that. Would like to only waste 1 weekend fixing everything and not 2.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

took our spectrum order from iboats 3 weeks to get here. they were bought out by an investment house a few years ago and shipping has not been quick since.
    hope your luck is better.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Well for a stipe that long, how much material do I need? I was thinking only 2 oz but the instruction say quarter size. This is definitely bigger than quarter size, but not deep at all. Just don't want to be 100% in and have 1/2 the material I need.

Thanks for the support. I think I have a weekend projects coming up, between this and the rudder seals.
    What rudder project do you have going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    What rudder project do you have going on?

Noticed some water coming through the rudder port on my Mojo. After some long nights looking for parts and a call to the dealer, I finally called SEF and they sent me the new O-rings to fix my problem. In 2015 they used a different material and after years of use and winter storage they dry out and crack. New ones are viton and are suppose to be far superior. If it wasn't for SEF being awesome I was out $500 for a full rudder kit over $0.50 in seals.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Noticed some water coming through the rudder port on my Mojo. After some long nights looking for parts and a call to the dealer, I finally called SEF and they sent me the new O-rings to fix my problem. In 2015 they used a different material and after years of use and winter storage they dry out and crack. New ones are viton and are suppose to be far superior. If it wasn't for SEF being awesome I was out $500 for a full rudder kit over $0.50 in seals.
    My 17 is leaking from the rudder as well and there is some play in the rudder. Do you have the information for who you contacted as I need to rebuild mine as well.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD