Default Do wakesurf ropes have recoil?

Had a incident over the weekend that made me start looking for a proper surf rope. A buddy new to surfing was trying to get up and wiped out as i was pulling him up and seemed to load the ski rope we have always used and sling shot it over the bimini and landed on the windshield (no damage). Do wakesurf ropes have this kind of loading potential?
    '18 mojo

it happened once or twice with our surf ropes but I think it was more a stars-aligned thing. wakesurf ropes are usually pretty thick braided rope with a short enough length that it shouldn't happen.

biggest reason to use one is the handle size. too easy to get limbs tied up in a boarding rope.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

we've had it happen a hand full of times over the years but it's pretty rare.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I have several. On the T-Handle, it wound never happen, it's a thicker knotted rope. Not sure of the make.

On the newer Hyperlite handle rope, that one can 'load up' and fly back. Never had it fly over the boat.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Surgical_ass View Post
    Had a incident over the weekend that made me start looking for a proper surf rope. A buddy new to surfing was trying to get up and wiped out as i was pulling him up and seemed to load the ski rope we have always used and sling shot it over the bimini and landed on the windshield (no damage). Do wakesurf ropes have this kind of loading potential?
    Ski ropes have much more stretch than wakeboard ropes. I can’t speak for surf ropes but being so short they shouldn’t stretch too much. I would highly recommend never using a ski or wakeboard handle for surfing as you could possibly have a body part fall “through “ the handle in fall causing serious injury.
    2020 Moomba Mojo
    2008 Mastercraft Prostar 197 40th Anniversary
    Owner Ness Lake Watersports
    Wakemakers “Exact Fit” Bags + Lead = 4,700 ballast
    Audio by Wetsounds, MTX, JL Audio, Clarion
    15 X 13.00 ACME prop

I picked up a new hyper light wake surf rope and it actually has a little "spring" at the end of it. I love it as it gives a little recoil coming up or when jerking however then trying to teach a friend he wouldn't let go of the rope and kept sling shotting it into the boat. Now a wake surf rope is thick, has knots, and pieces of foam for floatation. All of this makes it rather "heavy" and doesn't sling shot as bad, that and the handle itself is extremely padded.

side note on my friends older hyper light surf rope it didn't have the little bungee spring at the end. Now when teaching new riders I don't hook the bungee and connect just the rope.
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

We've got a Ronix surf rope with the bungee thing in it too. I like it because it takes the shock out (thus not abusing the tower) when someone jerks in a weird way, but it also turns it into a slingshot from time to time.
    2018 Moomba Craz | Autowake 2.0, Zero-Off, G6 Pumps | Captain Blue/Dark Graphite/Silver Flake | Enzos + Lead

I’ve been using the Joystick 3 surf rope ..not sure I will ever go back to anything else from a safety standpoint. It has an adjustable bungee and is also a t handle.
    The only danger is that it buying one can induce poverty ..but it’s a great product.
    https://www.lakewakelife.com/product...-surf-rope-2-0
    2016 Starcraft Limited 1918 (sold)
    2021 MB Sports B52 Alpha (coming April 2021)
    2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
    2022 F-150 SCREW PB (ordered 12/2021...still waiting)
    B-737 (Work Vehicle)