Default 2016 moomba craz intermittent display screen

Recently purchased a 2016 moomba craz. Spotless as can be always kept in warm storage when not in use. The display screen has decided to be finicky! Key it on and it doesnÂ’t always display. Turn the key on and off a few times and itÂ’ll pop back on. Sometimes cycle the key off and on 10 times. Sometimes 2. Sometimes 5. Sometimes works right away. Everything else works perfectly but this controls all the ballast and surf settings.

Is this a case of loose wiring? Common problem? Easy fix? Needs. Ew screen? Did I just realize IÂ’m gonna drop a couple grand solving this issue?

New to the boat and moomba so hoping someone else has the “ah ha!” For this potential head ache. HELP!!!

Do the gauge lights turn on when the screen doesn’t turn on? Once it turns on, does it stay on?
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Quote Originally Posted by schwan View Post
    Do the gauge lights turn on when the screen doesn’t turn on? Once it turns on, does it stay on?
    FOR NOW, everything else literally works as it's supposed to. The screen, once on, (again, FOR NOW) will stay on. It's that when you turn key so to say, it doesn't always come in right away. You need to key off and back on, 10, 5, 2 times for it to do the whole moomba welcome thing. I've seen others has similar issues in the past on this site however i never saw what the outcomes were....

Have you check to see if there ate any firmware updates? I know the radio has them from time to time.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Checked to see if there are any.... Not ate. I am hungry though,,,

2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    Have you check to see if there ate any firmware updates? I know the radio has them from time to time.

it's ok! I speak fluent "typo" well. No I didn't see about updates. Where and how do I do that? I'm a rookie to this boat. Very very rookie.

Did you find the problem, I have the same situation but worse, have to restart many times to make it work

I had my screen kick out on me before.
    Running in 1+2 battery position causes electrical glitches and was my problem. I was also trying to fill bags without the engine running at the same time and saw my battery voltage drop to 11V, music was jamming also. Screen flashed and came back and everything else kept on working as normal.

If batteries are good, switch is 1 or 2 not both, and boat is running fine, I would look at the harness on the screen. Could have a wire rub though causing the problems, or loose connector. I don't think the screen will function at anything under 11V.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    I had my screen kick out on me before.
    Running in 1+2 battery position causes electrical glitches and was my problem. I was also trying to fill bags without the engine running at the same time and saw my battery voltage drop to 11V, music was jamming also. Screen flashed and came back and everything else kept on working as normal.

If batteries are good, switch is 1 or 2 not both, and boat is running fine, I would look at the harness on the screen. Could have a wire rub though causing the problems, or loose connector. I don't think the screen will function at anything under 11V.
    Thank you, will do as you suggest.

Best regards,

Alberto

Quote Originally Posted by albertocsoares View Post
    Did you find the problem, I have the same situation but worse, have to restart many times to make it work
    Yeah! Found out the screen wasn’t actually off. It was in, just not displaying. Pressing the left soft key, out of annoyance if the antagonizing blinking yellow light, something popped up on screen!

Boot version: 2.7.10112.0
    Application: valid
    Configuration: invalid

So I called up the dealership and explained this. 30min of time at the dealership and one SOFTWARE UPGRADE LATER, everything is all good! Just needed an update