Thread: Moomba Makai

Default Moomba Makai

hey guys,

So wondering who has bought a boat from Orlando Florida dealer? just wondering, I put my deposit in for a boat (Moomba Makai) over the phone, like 3 weeks ago and my sales guy is really bad about communication to the point of I started looking at other boats. I had to hound him just to get a receipt for the deposit and what all the cost are going to be. So after few times of not getting a response I started looking at other boats and after testing the Mastercraft NXT24 is when I started comparing them. so to be fair after seeing the NXT24 I wanted to see a Makai which the dealer has none, so I told him I was on the fence if he could possibly when one comes in for service or something let me know. he said he would set something up and now I cant get a response from him, that was like a week ago. I really like the makai but its frustrating that I cant get any communication! makes me wonder what kind of service they have when the boat needs service, the Mastercraft dealer is way more responsive! anyways just trying to see if I have a lame sales guy or if its just that dealership.

Mike

I purchased my 2017 Mojo from there. Sales person was great and also the service department. My boat is currently there for service. I dropped it off last week. Who is the sales person you are dealing with?

yeah I looked hard at the Mojo, but thought the makai would be just that tab bit bigger, and the Makai comes with alot standard compared to the Mojo. the sales guy is Alex, it must be just him, because I had my current 2003 Supra Launch service there with no issues.. I feel like I have hound him to get any response, I don't get it they don't have boats to show so its not like he is out showing boats all day long lol.. and you would think he knows i am on the fence and about to lose a sale he would be at least communicating..

Hate to break it to you....he has nothing to sell you and nothing to lose if you walk. Your build spot will be given to the next person on the list and he knows it.

Best bet would be to find a different dealer (if territory allows), or use a different sales guy inside the dealership. The dealers here in Ohio are smaller and most of the time the owner is BS-ing inside. Find him and ask for some help.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Alex was my sales person and I never had any problems. I just spoke with him Monday when I was dropping off my boat. We actually priced out a new mojo although they have no boats on the lot. I know that as soon as the boats hit the lot they are being picked up because they were already sold.