Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I would think with the wireless remote this would be really easy to use while throttling.

I like the fact that backing up straight or to port would actually be possible.

Any concern about the wakeplate actuator? Maybe have to increase strength to hold extra weight?
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

The wake plate actuator spends most of its time resisting up/compression forces, so this would have no effect on that. If anything you'd likely wear out your hinge or be more likely to pull the mounting screws out of the transom, but even that is doubtful.

Did I miss where it says the weight of motor and prop?

Yeah I went and yanked on mine pretty hard to see how it would handle it and I think it will be fine.
    Definitely forces that hinge wasn't designed for but they are pretty beefy.
    2020 Supra SA

Super cool project, Im stoked to see this tested out. I was reading through the installation guide and it says that you need to have the blades at least 5" below the waterline. Do you have that distance with it on the plate?

These thrusters are not aggressive, not that much thrust. These are low speed assist devices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    These thrusters are not aggressive, not that much thrust. These are low speed assist devices.
    Did you have one on a previous boat, or any other first hand knowledge? Did you watch any of there videos? They looked aggressive enough. Low speed as in they will turn the boat slowly, or low speed as in you can only use them at slow speeds? How fast do they need to spin the boat for docking and trailering?

I sent an email asking for a package that does not include the joy stick and wireless parts. If they will do that it should drop the price pretty significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    Did you have one on a previous boat, or any other first hand knowledge? Did you watch any of there videos? They looked aggressive enough. Low speed as in they will turn the boat slowly, or low speed as in you can only use them at slow speeds? How fast do they need to spin the boat for docking and trailering?

I sent an email asking for a package that does not include the joy stick and wireless parts. If they will do that it should drop the price pretty significantly.
    Only first hand knowledge of the Supra system.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Only first hand knowledge of the Supra system.
    Why make those claims then?

Default Makai thruster install

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    Why make those claims then?
    Not sure what claims you are referring too, I made a few general observations on the various wake thrusters out there. Simply the intent is some driver assist.

If this kit will do full speed bat turns with the thrust of a 155 mm jet ski pump great.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

In my conversation with Sideshift today, I learned a bit more and am more interested now. Their "WB230" system peaks at 300 starting amps and drops to 180 running amps. That's about 2.5 HP for 100 pounds of thrust. This is consistent with what I'm seeing for other brands marketing our boats. They range from 75 to 110 pounds of thrust, but you could needlessly go as big as you want. Max run time is 30 seconds with a "10 second cool down" following that. I wonder if that's not a typo though and should be 10 minutes?
    I was quoted $2695.00 for this system, excluding the joystick, key fob and receiver. A simple on-off-on momentary switch is all that's needed to supply 12 volts to either side of the motor controller. This could make controlling it really customizable to your liking. Something like this would work fine though:

https://www.amazon.com/U-S-Solid-Ope...271133&sr=8-31

It's temping for sure.