Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Adding GPS Maps After Taking Delivery

Has anyone had their Moomba dealer add GPS maps for the 7" display after taking delivery? We ordered our Mojo without and now that we are out on the lake I'm wishing I had ordered the option. I know I can get a handheld marine GPS but would really like to have it integrated with the existing display.

I think you just have to buy a navionics card. Give your dealer a call
    2020 Supra SA

i would do a thorough check through all your paperwork and accessories and things that came with the boat. Your dealer should have given you everything that they didnt use, hardware, etc. There might be a small USB plug in there somewhere. If so then climb under the dash and find the empty female USB port plug dangling around and plug that in and boom you'll have maps. We did order the GPS but the dealer did not install the plug, I found it later and plugged it in myself after the maps didnt work during our delivery. A friend of mine did not order GPS with his but boat came with the plug anyway.
    Last edited by blay127; 06-07-2021 at 06:08 PM.
    2021 Mojo

I’m thinking about this as well…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Should be pretty simple as stated above it is just a little USB drive that plugs in under the Helm. Hardest part is locating the USB cord under the Helm.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I'm thinking about buying a Navionics map card (SD or mini-SD) and a SD to USB adapter and plugging that into the female USB connection under the helm. The card from Navionics is $200 and the adapter is $10. Would be a pretty inexpensive way to get the maps. I wonder if that will work?

Really not sure. I can't see why it wouldn't but also could see a world where for some reason it wouldn't be compatible due to some formatting or something LOL. Have you reached out to the dealer to see the cost to have it added through them? I am sure it is more than $210 but the question is how will you feel if it doesn't work and you are out $210........
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    I'm thinking about buying a Navionics map card (SD or mini-SD) and a SD to USB adapter and plugging that into the female USB connection under the helm. The card from Navionics is $200 and the adapter is $10. Would be a pretty inexpensive way to get the maps. I wonder if that will work?
    I was wondering the same, but don’t know if the cards would read the same on the screen. I assume the screens are running some form of Linux (because it seems most things like that are), but I don’t know if the USB version has anything else built into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Find a buddy who has a bass boat that has GPS on their depthfinder. Ask to borrow their card for a day to see if it will work. Then return it to them and buy your own...
    -Scott

2000 Moomba Mobius V

My dealer called me back today. The cost if $540 for the USB and you just plug it in yourself.