Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default transom protector group buy

I was about to order a transom protector for my boat from www.wickedwakes.com. I don't know if any of you have seen them or not, but they are pretty sweet and a good price. I think $55. He can also print whatever you want on the back, but it's an additional $45 to setup the silkscreening. I was wanting to get one with the Moomba logo. If a few others want one as well, we can split the $45 between us and drop the price down. Check out his website and let me know if anyone is interested. I plan to make the order a week from today.

This is probably a silly question, but

What is the Transom Protector designed to protest against? I looked at the web-site, and can't figure it out.

Boat Dog,

It protects your transom from wakeboards. People will sit on or lean against the back of the boat while getting into their bindings and in the process, will probably bang it against the transom.

At least that's my take on it.

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

if you do any wakeboarding behind your boat, you will soon find out.

What happens is people trying to get into their bindings slide the board around and it dings the transom. It doesn't take much to leave a nasty scuff. This is a pad that goes on the transom and absorbs the board dings and leaves the transom looking new like it should.

Thanks Guys. Now I'm following you. I did have a few dings on my outback in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G
    when wakesurfing, I'm constantly banging the nose of the board into the rear of the boat while traveling 9 - 10 mph. no chips in the fibergalss as of yet.
    Ed, I've tagged mine with the surfboard too and enver got a ding, but the sharp edge of a wakeboard will do it with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by pickle311
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed G
    when wakesurfing, I'm constantly banging the nose of the board into the rear of the boat while traveling 9 - 10 mph. no chips in the fibergalss as of yet.
    Ed, I've tagged mine with the surfboard too and enver got a ding, but the sharp edge of a wakeboard will do it with ease.
    I put some of the Transom Guard on when we first bought the boat.
    Was easy to put on and has done well protecting from wakeboard nicks.

If you dont have any protection from board edges, may want to look into this group buy.

Seems to me that 3M clear plastic film like they install on the front part of the hood of your car to protect from rock chips would do the same thing, look better (invisible), and would probably be less expensive.

Have you looked at going that route, pickle?

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367
    Seems to me that 3M clear plastic film like they install on the front part of the hood of your car to protect from rock chips would do the same thing, look better (invisible), and would probably be less expensive.

Have you looked at going that route, pickle?

Al
    yes I have, it's almost the same price and will be yellow by the end of the year, plus it's a total pain to remove. Ive talked to others that have used it and said after a year or so it looks horrible. This protector I'm ordering is almost bullet proof, literally. The material is 1 step down from kevlar.

Did you ever get enough for the group buy? I would be interested in one of them if you are doing a group buy.