Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

yeah I don't think i have heard one person knock the fit and finish of the Moomba boats! I agree the tower on the NXT looks bad, they could have at least painted it lol, i don't think the NXT boat it self is bad but yes the interior isn't close to the Makai or the Mojo, I am trying to get the dealer here in Orlando to setup something so I can either see a boat in service or a customers. other than that not really sure if the wake for either wakeboarding or surfing is any better on either one the boats? the NXT did look good! but from what i am hearing the Makai is awesome as well, but it needs more than the 4K of ballast, we usually go out with a lot of people so probably not an an issue...

mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike gag View Post
    yeah I don't think i have heard one person knock the fit and finish of the Moomba boats! I agree the tower on the NXT looks bad, they could have at least painted it lol, i don't think the NXT boat it self is bad but yes the interior isn't close to the Makai or the Mojo, I am trying to get the dealer here in Orlando to setup something so I can either see a boat in service or a customers. other than that not really sure if the wake for either wakeboarding or surfing is any better on either one the boats? the NXT did look good! but from what i am hearing the Makai is awesome as well, but it needs more than the 4K of ballast, we usually go out with a lot of people so probably not an an issue...

mike
    You are correct. The Makai is going to love more than 4K but the MC is only 2600 stock. So you are going to need more in it also.
    MC does give you the ability to steer in reverse, which is a huge plus for any inboard. Someone put a thruster setup on their Makai and that is something you could look into also if you choose Moomba and want/need the handling. I like MC but not the NXT line. For a "budget" brand Skier's Choice is doing everything right to incorporate Supra tech and comfort into something the working class can enjoy. (No knock on the guys with Supras...I'm jealous). Mastercraft looks like they took all the scraps from making a killer X24 and called it a boat. Not being biased because if I had the coin I would buy a Centurion Ri245....but I digress.
    Regardless, it is your money and once you are on the water it is just a nice to sit in a $50K, $100K, or $150K boat as long as it does the sports you want. Good luck shopping.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

This is the inside of my Makai. We love it. We looked at the MC NXT24, and the Axis A24 at the Orlando Boat show earlier this year, and they both looked similar in that they appeared stripped down. My wife was sold the minute she saw the Moomba Makai. And it surfs very well with stock ballast and 4 people. Now I have also had 12 people, and wow what a difference in the wave size.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub