Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Cool 2021 Mojo Update

OK, I take back everything I said earlier.. took it out last night and dialed in the wave. . AWESOME!!

Fixed a whole laundry list of things that were wrong or set incorrectly...

Was out with 21 SA owners helping set up and test surf.. all of us agreed, very comparable.

Ordered even more lead to add.. can't wait to try it.

most of all.... AUTOWAKE OFF!! Don't need it.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Moomba hit a home run with this thing.
    2021 Mojo
    2018 MAX - sold - 250 hours, absolute awesome boat.

No schwag here....I guess it's pretty dank after all

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    OK, I take back everything I said earlier.. took it out last night and dialed in the wave. . AWESOME!!

Fixed a whole laundry list of things that were wrong or set incorrectly...

Was out with 21 SA owners helping set up and test surf.. all of us agreed, very comparable.

Ordered even more lead to add.. can't wait to try it.

most of all.... AUTOWAKE OFF!! Don't need it.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Moomba hit a home run with this thing.
    I think the key to your success is working with a fellow SC boat owner.

I agree on autowake off once you know what pitch and roll works for you.

Curious what pitch and roll made the wave come alive for you.

It would help fellow new mojo owners if you also listed what else you addressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Mind sharing what all needed changed? Also total ballast your going to be running?
    2021 Mojo

Agreed!

I consider myself an absolute Guru when it came to the Max wave, but this wasn't just any SC owner, my buddy's a savage and really knows his stuff... His hands were all bloody by the time we were done adjusting bags. Sometimes you gotta just get in there and get your hands dirty.

Funny enough when we were all done adjusting manually, it ended up always close to 8.5 / 9 pitch and (forget exactly, but somewhere near -1 Roll (port side) almost to a tee the Wake 9 settings. ..the bow wasn't high at all and seemed very level at all times (not really listed at all).

We adjusted pretty much everything you can think of, but the biggest thing was the ballast bags themselves.. ended up there was quite a bit of air trapped in them (didn't notice first time out since we have the trays in the back that basically make it sub floor) - this time out I took the trays out so I could see... once we bled all the air it was good and filled without air afterward. Learned a trick how to get the air out by covering the vent holes too.., since at first we couldn't get one of the air vent caps off., eventually got it off. (!) The ballast timers were all screwed up (too short). We had to get in the very back of the lockers (where the little black cover is on the back wall) and moved up both of the valve timers further up the tube so that the pumps don't shut off so quickly...the ballast bags themselves weren't reaching the midship fully either, so had to "pull" them further up to get full. adjusted / reset the wake plates, incl. - I can't even remember everything we did.. but a lot.

Most of all - AUTOWAKE OFF. (Other than to temporarily check pitch and roll).

Ended up at 100% full (100/100/100) - with extra lead in the very back lockers (underneath the ballast bags) - and in the very front of the center midship lockers (found that there is an awesome little cubby hole in these where you can put it and it's totally hidden). Have ordered even more lead and can't wait to try it. Wakeplate at either 0 or 20-25%, Surf tab at 65-70. Speed at 10.7, or 11.4 (mainly, but we all ride so differently). I actually prefer a slower speed, for a bit mushier wave for a "trampoline" effect and more forgiving landings. Flow 3 is the bomb. nice, clean face.

All in all, it was a SOLID wave to start with. Going to be able to fill all the ballast and recreate a good wave each time. It can only get better from here as we add weight, fine tune and dial.

Installed sub floor cooler and a trash chute for cans and dual flag towers.

Next up, same buddy is gonna fine tune the stereo system with some fancy gadgets he has..lol

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I think the key to your success is working with a fellow SC boat owner.

I agree on autowake off once you know what pitch and roll works for you.

Curious what pitch and roll made the wave come alive for you.

It would help fellow new mojo owners if you also listed what else you addressed.

2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Dank View Post
    Agreed!

I consider myself an absolute Guru when it came to the Max wave, but this wasn't just any SC owner, my buddy's a savage and really knows his stuff... His hands were all bloody by the time we were done adjusting bags. Sometimes you gotta just get in there and get your hands dirty.

Funny enough when we were all done adjusting manually, it ended up always close to 8.5 / 9 pitch and (forget exactly, but somewhere near -1 Roll (port side) almost to a tee the Wake 9 settings. ..the bow wasn't high at all and seemed every level at all times (not really listed at all).

We adjusted pretty much everything you can think of, but the biggest thing was the ballast bags themselves.. ended up there was quite a bit of air trapped in them (didn't notice first time out since we have the trays in the back that basically make it sub floor) - this time out I took the trays out so I could see... once we bled all the air it was good and filled without air afterward. Learned a trick how to get the air out by covering the vent holes too.., since at first we couldn't get one of the air vent caps off., eventually got it off. (!) The ballast timers were all screwed up (too short). We had to get in the very back of the lockers (where the little black cover is on the back wall) and moved up both of the valve timers further up the tube so that the pumps don't shut off so quickly...the ballast bags themselves weren't reaching the midship fully either, so had to "pull" them further up to get full. adjusted / reset the wake plates, incl. - I can't even remember everything we did.. but a lot.

Most of all - AUTOWAKE OFF. (Other than to temporarily check pitch and roll).

Ended up at 100% full (100/100/100) - with extra lead in the very back lockers (underneath the ballast bags) - and in the very front of the center midship lockers (found that there is an awesome little cubby hole in these where you can put it and it's totally hidden). Have ordered even more lead and can't wait to try it. Wakeplate at either 0 or 20-25%, Surf tab at 65-70. Speed at 10.7, or 11.4 (mainly, but we all ride so differently). I actually prefer a slower speed, for a bit mushier wave for a "trampoline" effect and more forgiving landings. Flow 3 is the bomb. nice, clean face.

All in all, it was a SOLID wave to start with. Going to be able to fill all the ballast and recreate a good wave each time. It can only get better from here as we add weight, fine tune and dial.

Installed sub floor cooler and a trash chute for cans and dual flag towers.

Next up, same buddy is gonna fine tune the stereo system with some fancy gadgets he has..lol
    That is awesome that you are in the honey hole now. You can set it and let that boat eat!!!

No better feeling.

FTR, the SA loves 8.5/-1 regular too.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

4k Stock ballast (at 100/100/100) and will end up with over 1k in lead (just ordered more).

Quote Originally Posted by sleek98 View Post
    Mind sharing what all needed changed? Also total ballast your going to be running?
    2021 Mojo

Glad to hear.

I’m going to have 1k in lead as well as 650# of additional midship bags. I think the key is to get more weight in the boat. I am guessing the 1,750-2k range of ballast is going to make it perfect.
    2021 Mojo

The 21 SA is freaking awesome! Best boat I've ever ridden (and I've ridden them ALL at this point), IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    That is awesome that you are in the honey hole now. You can set it and let that boat eat!!!

No better feeling.

FTR, the SA loves 8.5/-1 regular too.

2021 Mojo

Two other quick observations - the Mojo was better in chop than the Max was and is by far more agile (turning radius, etc.). Couldn't pinpoint exactly why.. but handles great! Night and day.
    2021 Mojo