Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

I run my pumps till they cut off, then I flip them off for a second and back on. I do this 2-3 times until water shoots out the overflows on the side of the boat. My rear port bag is always the longest to get to purge water out. If I just let the boat do it automatically, It never overflows water.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

We did some more testing this weekend and I'm getting more used to Autowake and enjoying it the more I use it. I think there is huge list of things that could be messing it up for people. These are all things that we experienced as we've been learning and any one of them would give you a poor wave:

1) air still in bags when ballast says full and auto shuts itself off (as many have said, make 100% certain all air is out)

2) understand when autowake will be inactive (when you are less than 7mph, when you don't have people or weight in the right places and it gives you messages saying, "move someone to...", even when you get all of that correct you have to see it say "autowake active" for it to be actually working - rode for 5min with driver not realizing it was inactive. wave was terrible.)

3) understand that it needs to time to do all it's stuff. we were pressing buttons, like we were at wack-a-mole, thinking that the system could react like a desktop computer and I think it needs 10/20/30sec to go through countdowns, preparation, etc. we had more success and the system felt less "buggy" when we gave it some time to do its thing. I realize this sounds pretty subjective...but that's my best description until I understand it more.)

4) accidentally setting random surf tab % when you are pressing buttons too quickly and not realizing you are deploying a 5% surf tab (wave is terrible)

Last one, not specifically on Autowake but definitely want to underline it as we have quite a few new Mojo (and other) owners on here talking about it - if you are running a light crew, e.g. driver and only, say, 200-300 lbs of passengers, you will need to add weight in order to get good wave that will push a novice +200 lbs dude on a 4'8" board. On the plus side, from what I've experienced, the wave gets exponentially better with more weight but it kinda stings initially when you pay so much and don't have 8-17 people to be your ballast. If you say, well why don't they make it 5000 or 6000 lbs of stock ballast?, they could but then wouldn't be able to market it as a 17 person boat and at some point you get into a situation where, the boat can legally only have, say, 8 people on it because of stock ballast being so high and now you've got all this extra seating and the whole concept of what they're designing changes from tube/surf/ski/wake/cruise boat into surf boat for a couple people only. In that situation they've narrowed their market and you've lost a bunch of flexibility with what you can do and how many people you can bring.

Anyways, we had a great time this weekend, Autowake kicked some ass and gave us a pushy monster with a gorgeous face. We had around 1000 lbs extra lead/ballast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbyEQ4YiWBU
    Last edited by Hayden; 06-14-2021 at 10:20 PM.
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods

Hey guys, someone mentioned to me that they were having trouble with the mojo wave, and others also on this forum I think. Anyone need any help? I should be releasing a video soon, I can show some pictures and share my settings. I use AW all the time, as long as you setup the lead properly you can use AW and keep ballast very close to 100/100/100.

I have found the best settings to be:

Goofy:
    5º roll
    10º pitch -- you may like 8.5, but try 10-10.5 and see what you think, doesn't effect length too much, but insane push.
    wakeplate, zero, zero, zero. Goofy doesn't like the WP on my boat.
    speed of 11 - 11.6 mph, usually 11.4.
    1000 lbs of lead.

Regular:
    -1º of roll, even 0 is fine.
    same pitch
    wakeplate, 25 or less.
    same speed and lead.

https://flic.kr/ps/odLnb

ragboy
    wake9.com

Thanks Ragboy I will speak for all of us 2021 Mojo owners that we would love some of your insight into your experiences with the boat. We all have found that the boat needs at least about 1k extra over stock ballast to see its potential. Could you shed some light as to where you placed your 1k of lead?
    Lake Wylie, NC/SC
    2021 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
    Hey guys, someone mentioned to me that they were having trouble with the mojo wave, and others also on this forum I think. Anyone need any help? I should be releasing a video soon, I can show some pictures and share my settings. I use AW all the time, as long as you setup the lead properly you can use AW and keep ballast very close to 100/100/100.

I have found the best settings to be:

Goofy:
    5º roll
    10º pitch -- you may like 8.5, but try 10-10.5 and see what you think, doesn't effect length too much, but insane push.
    wakeplate, zero, zero, zero. Goofy doesn't like the WP on my boat.
    speed of 11 - 11.6 mph, usually 11.4.
    1000 lbs of lead.

Regular:
    -1º of roll, even 0 is fine.
    same pitch
    wakeplate, 25 or less.
    same speed and lead.

https://flic.kr/ps/odLnb

ragboy
    wake9.com
    Thanks. I am close but I am not sure where to set the surf plate? I had it set at 70 for Regular last weekend and it was good, but always wanting to see if I can improve. I am also wonder with having flow 3 does it change the surf plate automatically? I noticed on your last video of the mojo you said have it turned on with out a # but had a number set for flow 2.
    2021 Mojo

Default 2021 Mojo Update

Quote Originally Posted by sleek98 View Post
    Thanks. I am close but I am not sure where to set the surf plate? I had it set at 70 for Regular last weekend and it was good, but always wanting to see if I can improve. I am also wonder with having flow 3 does it change the surf plate automatically? I noticed on your last video of the mojo you said have it turned on with out a # but had a number set for flow 2.
    Wake plate at 70 is a wave killer.

As Robert (Ragboy) and others have mentioned run ZERO wakeplate or certainly nothing higher than 25%.

Wake plate is a feature where less is more.

I think many misunderstand the wake plate and try to use it as if it’s a MaliBU power wedge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 06-16-2021 at 10:41 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

As Robert (Ragboy) and others have mentioned run ZERO wakeplate or certainly nothing higher than 25%.

I think many misunderstand the wake plate and try to use it as if it’s a MaliBU power wedge.

i think sleek was referring to the surf plates, not the center wake plate.
    2021 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post

Not the wake plate but the surf tab, I had the wake plate at 25. and the starboard plate at 70 for port side surfing.

I am going to move some lead around to try the 10* -1* and drop down to 10-15% wake plate settings that he is recommending.

2021 Mojo

The only time I use the wake plate/smart plate/center plate is to clean the face of the wave up a little. In my opinion, if you have to use any more smart plate/center plate than 10-15 then you are killing your wave. I have my boat setup with the lead that on regular I am at 0 center plate/smart plate and goofy I am at 5. You need to move lead around and people around to hit the pitch and roll numbers not use the center plate/smart plate.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

Surf tab % was always something I wondered about with regards to Flow3. If the amount of weight you have on surf side is arbitrary depending on who's in your boat and how much leadwake you're moving around, then wouldn't any number given on the surf tab % be dependent on how much you're rolling it before the tab even deploys?

Does AW automatically look at the roll before deploying surf tabs and only deploy what it needs to get to the preset or does it always deploy 60% if you have it set to 60%?
    2021 Mojo, 6.2L Raptor 400/1.76, Acme 3407 15.5x13, G6, Flow3, +6500 lbs ballast
    2005 Mobius LSV (sold)
    Windermere Lake, B.C., 2800' Elevation
    2021 Mojo Mods