Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The dealer here has been good about the gelcoat repairs...just cant keep up with them!
    The cracks that occurred last summer are being covered by SC even though the gelcoat warranty has expired. Much appreciated for sure. The boat is in the shop now and being fixed.
    What sucks is SC is denying coverage of 6 additional cracks that developed while being stored this winter to the tune of $2500. Two of the additional cracks are in excess of 30" long and don't appear to have started where a screw or any hardware is mounted.
    Needless to say, I am concerned about the integrity of the gelcoat itself.
    I have had an experience like this in the past with another boat...the cracking never stopped. The only solution was to get out of the boat in that instance.
    So depressing to think I am going down the same road
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Nerickson View Post
    The dealer here has been good about the gelcoat repairs...just cant keep up with them!
    The cracks that occurred last summer are being covered by SC even though the gelcoat warranty has expired. Much appreciated for sure. The boat is in the shop now and being fixed.
    What sucks is SC is denying coverage of 6 additional cracks that developed while being stored this winter to the tune of $2500. Two of the additional cracks are in excess of 30" long and don't appear to have started where a screw or any hardware is mounted.
    Needless to say, I am concerned about the integrity of the gelcoat itself.
    I have had an experience like this in the past with another boat...the cracking never stopped. The only solution was to get out of the boat in that instance.
    So depressing to think I am going down the same road
    Uy that does suck.
    2020 Supra SA

SC denied my claim and stuck to their guns that it wasn’t reported within 1 yr. They did offer to take care of materials which was nothing compared to labor. Not happy. At least it’s under the swim platform and I don’t have to stare at it every time we hit the lake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2019 Moomba Craz - Autowake, 3600lb ballast + 400# lead,OJ 945
    2015 Monterey 204FSX sold

Quote Originally Posted by bteeter View Post
    SC denied my claim and stuck to their guns that it wasn’t reported within 1 yr. They did offer to take care of materials which was nothing compared to labor. Not happy. At least it’s under the swim platform and I don’t have to stare at it every time we hit the lake

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    At least it's something.

When I had transom work done, the gel was $250 per color. I had three colors. That was 4-5 years ago. All our of my pocket.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Now I have anxiety pulling the cover off this spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I am seeing the same thing. Spider cracks on the back transom and a couple long ones by the port side window. My dealer says its being covered but nothing has happened yet. I dropped off my boat in October and it's still there. This is obviously a manufacture issue. I'm within a year, but it does give me concern that there are bigger issues or that other cracks will appear this next season that may not be covered.
    Moomba Craz ‘21
    Barefoot Nautique ‘91 (traded-in)

Default Gel coat cracks

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    I am seeing the same thing. Spider cracks on the back transom and a couple long ones by the port side window. My dealer says its being covered but nothing has happened yet. I dropped off my boat in October and it's still there. This is obviously a manufacture issue. I'm within a year, but it does give me concern that there are bigger issues or that other cracks will appear this next season that may not be covered.

We have a 2019 Max with 18hrs and have those same cracks just above the surf tabs as well. Now I noticed a 6" crack about mid-boat above the wheel well on the starboard side. The boat goes into the dealer next Friday to have them look at them and assess the situation. Based on what I just read in this thread, I am not feeling good about the outcome of that visit. This was our first nice boat of this type and size. although I like the boat, not super impressed with this issue and the quality of the seat cushions and vinyl. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

My dealer was pretty good about repairing the cracks last spring. The process is a pain in that they have to document it, send to SC and SC has to approve. My dealer is 3 hrs. away. So, I have to leave it and make two trips. With 18 hrs. I cannot see them declining. But I have had additional cracks appear on the bottom. I'm now 1 1/2 yrs. since purchase, so I'm worried, but hopeful that SC will cover when I take it in for winterization.
    Moomba Craz ‘21
    Barefoot Nautique ‘91 (traded-in)

Just following up on my previous post...
    SC took the boat over the offseason for evaluation of the cracks and "repair or replacement"
    After the evaluation, they decided that the only solution was to replace both the Deck and Hull which they did.
    I haven't put to many hours on since so time will tell it this issue is going to develop on this hull as well.
    Props to SC for going to bat like that for me, that is how you run a successful business.

Hey crew.

What is the timeline for these gel cracks on warranty.

2003 Outback
    2007 LSV
    2016 Craz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold