Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

That's the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen 14% increase from 21-22 so seems to be the truth at this point unfortunately.

Just for fun a 100K boat with a 14% increase year over year will be a 370k boat in 10 years
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Just for fun a 100K boat with a 14% increase year over year will be a 370k boat in 10 years
    it's called a paragon and can be had currently
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    it's called a paragon and can be had currently
    My point is a Moomba makai will be 370k if this increase sticks around.
    The year over year increase has been crazy for the past 10 years, but if it's going to be about 14% things are going to get crazy quickly.
    Most of this is probably material cost increases because this year is totally forked with increases but still.
    2020 Supra SA

That's the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen 14% increase from 21-22 so seems to be the truth at this point unfortunately.

I see someone beat me to the Paragon comment!

Yeah it’s nuts! For a total discretionary and luxury item, there has to a point where the middle class and upper middle won’t bite on these prices. As a finance professional, long term financing has added to this price increase and demand by making boats ‘affordable’ on monthly payment schedules.

This year the materials are higher and I’m not surprised to see 14%. Many options being quoted to me are in line with 21 pricing with little to no change so it does seem to be mostly the base price.

In terms of things being standard/included vs optional....the only one I was able to confirm on the Kaiyen was the GPS zero cruise is included in base price. Mapping is an upgrade.

What do most people negotiate off list price for Moomba? 5-7%? Does that include dealer delivery fees?

Just got a response on the heaters. Apparently not a specable option on the 2022s at the moment due to inventories. SC indicates they will be available as an after sale item and offered a discount, but to be installed later. Given you have to cut holes in the boat, it sounds a bit more of a complication unless its just an electric heat element that plugs/bolts on in an easy area. Is that how they work or do they pull heat form the engine area?

Quote Originally Posted by WildH View Post
    Just got a response on the heaters. Apparently not a specable option on the 2022s at the moment due to inventories. SC indicates they will be available as an after sale item and offered a discount, but to be installed later. Given you have to cut holes in the boat, it sounds a bit more of a complication unless its just an electric heat element that plugs/bolts on in an easy area. Is that how they work or do they pull heat form the engine area?
    They are just like a car heater. You run engine coolant through them for heat and a fan blows though a radiator to get the heat into the tubes.
    It's an easy install for anyone remotely mechanical but not as simple as plugging something in.
    2020 Supra SA

the holes that have to be cut are on the inside for the heat tubes that are pulled out. nothing structural but some will not feel comfortable cutting into the 'glas on the inside of the boat. it's not hard as long as you are careful but sure most will opt to have dealer install. guessing 3 or 4 bills to install as it's a couple hours of time.
    wiring should all be there and if I were skiers, run the antifreeze lines with a u-shaped bypass so the heavy work is done already. then it's simply drop the box in, hook up the water lines and power and cut a few holes for the heat tubes.
    should be an option similar to prewire the tower.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

the holes that have to be cut are on the inside for the heat tubes that are pulled out. nothing structural but some will not feel comfortable cutting into the 'glas on the inside of the boat. it's not hard as long as you are careful but sure most will opt to have dealer install. guessing 3 or 4 bills to install as it's a couple hours of time.
    wiring should all be there and if I were skiers, run the antifreeze lines with a u-shaped bypass so the heavy work is done already. then it's simply drop the box in, hook up the water lines and power and cut a few holes for the heat tubes.
    That would be the smart way to do it, maybe install the circ pump and the heater line and wiring for a small fee and then the rest would be simpler.
    My dealer quoted me 900 for a heater install, a bit high and I ended up doing it myself instead.
    2020 Supra SA

They are just like a car heater. You run engine coolant through them for heat and a fan blows though a radiator to get the heat into the tubes.
    It's an easy install for anyone remotely mechanical but not as simple as plugging something in.
    Got it. I’d be comfortable cutting holes. Just a simple hole saw on a drill would work (albeit slow). No issues with wiring as long as everything is there and you’re not having to fish through various openings. Only thing that might a pain is the coolant lines to that location if they aren’t prerun.

I was told about 2k installed from my dealer, which I guess that isn’t an option this winter due to lack of heaters..

Any aftermarket heaters out there?
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order