Default Possible New Head Unit for 2015 SG 550

Hi guys,

I've been working to replace my Old Polk system to JL since February of this year. I have most of it done and it sounds pretty decent but not perfect.

I have been trying to preserve the old Polk UM1 head unit since controls are integrated into the Vision touchscreen. Two of the rca out puts do not work well as I get static at the speakers ( One of the rca outputs does not work at all ). It's time for it to go.

What are the best options for a head unit these days? I'm kind of resigned to the fact that integration into the Vision screen won't happen. JL head units are really hard to get right now also as there is a shortage of almost everything.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys.
    2015 Supra SG 550

we had a jl mediamaster unit in our z3 and HATED IT. it was glitchy and the software pretty much sucked. I SWEAR by their subs and have heard good things on their amps but I wouldn't spend a nickel on head units from them. ymmv.

last tige we installed a fusion 210 and for the hour or so it was on the unit appeared to be pretty intuitive and was super easy to hook up. I would use that again in a heartbeat if the input/outputs fit what your system needs. sold the boat so no long term experience with it.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Good to know Sandm. Found a Jl MM50 and it’s the last one in Canada till October lol. I need to find a head unit that can cover the 4”x4” hole from the old unit.
    2015 Supra SG 550

Wet Sounds MC2 will cover a 4x4 hole if thats what you've got to cover. The Kicker units will be close on one dimension, but worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    we had a jl mediamaster unit in our z3 and HATED IT. it was glitchy and the software pretty much sucked. I SWEAR by their subs and have heard good things on their amps but I wouldn't spend a nickel on head units from them. ymmv.

last tige we installed a fusion 210 and for the hour or so it was on the unit appeared to be pretty intuitive and was super easy to hook up. I would use that again in a heartbeat if the input/outputs fit what your system needs. sold the boat so no long term experience with it.
    I’m with you. I had the MM in my Rzr. I hated it.
    Very cumbersome. Zone control sucked.
    Wouldn’t get one again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Wet Sounds MC2 will cover a 4x4 hole if thats what you've got to cover. The Kicker units will be close on one dimension, but worth a look.
    I spent a lot of time looking at the mc2 before settling on the fusion unit. it looks like a nice piece. size dictated it would not fit but had that not been an issue we would have ended up with it.

Looking for an mc2 now also and I think I found one. There is a real shortage of stereo equipment in Canada. Rockford is the only brand that has stock for amps,head units etc...
    2015 Supra SG 550

Rockford is good stuff. Had 3 amps in first supra for 5 years with no issues.
    Their higher end stuff is solid.