Default Rockford Fosgate R2-1200x1 running 2 rev 10s

This evening, I replaced my kicker kx 200.2 with a rockford fosgate R2-1200x1 in my 2015 Mojo surf edition. The kicker 200.2 was powering 2 rev 10 speakers. From what I've read, that's not enough wattage for those two speakers. Well, after I got everything hooked up and turned the volume up, the rev 10s sounded super muddy and really quiet (like can talk on the phone quiet). I turned the gain up and didnt get much more out of them as far as volume and they were still muddy. The r2-1200x1 is advertised as a full range amp, but now I'm wondering if it's my install or the amp. My guess is the install since I'm not well versed in sound systems.

How do you have the 2 speakers wired into the amp? It's a mono amp so there will only be one output and how you wire your Revs into it matters.
    See attached:
    Series-vs.-Parallel-800x265.jpg

Revs are 4 ohm, and your amp is 2 ohm stable so you can wire them in parallel for the most power output.
    Last edited by SONIC; 06-01-2021 at 08:40 AM.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by blackfire View Post
    This evening, I replaced my kicker kx 200.2 with a rockford fosgate R2-1200x1 in my 2015 Mojo surf edition. The kicker 200.2 was powering 2 rev 10 speakers. From what I've read, that's not enough wattage for those two speakers. Well, after I got everything hooked up and turned the volume up, the rev 10s sounded super muddy and really quiet (like can talk on the phone quiet). I turned the gain up and didnt get much more out of them as far as volume and they were still muddy. The r2-1200x1 is advertised as a full range amp, but now I'm wondering if it's my install or the amp. My guess is the install since I'm not well versed in sound systems.
    Hate to burst your bubble because the specs for the amp is awesome for a subwoofer setup.

Crossover only allows for 250Hz which is mid-bass and lower. You need to be able to get to 20KHz for full range. This is why they are "muddy" sounding.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble because the specs for the amp is awesome for a subwoofer setup.

Crossover only allows for 250Hz which is mid-bass and lower. You need to be able to get to 20KHz for full range. This is why they are "muddy" sounding.
    Yep bingo
    Screenshot 2021-06-01 083135.jpg

You need a full range amp and that isn't one unfortunately.
    Hopefully you got it from somewhere that will take a return!
    2020 Supra SA

Sticking with the same amp brand/series you could get the R2-500X4 and run it in bridged mode and save $50.
    Ch.1 + to Ch.2 - -> 1 Rev10
    Ch.3 + to Ch.4- -> 1 Rev10

This gets you 250w RMS per Rev10 (Rev10 rated for 300w RMS)
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Id contact a reputable Wet Sounds shop and get their advice and see what they have in stock. They can then help you with proper setup, configuration and tuning.

Given the amp shortages, my choice would the Fusion Signature series 4 chnl bridged.

if you can't return it, pm me and we'll see if we can work out a deal.
    working on assembling all the pieces/parts for a stereo for a camaro. were going to do a 3/5ch but could use this and a 2ch if the numbers come out. don't have amps picked yet and have used fosgate in the past in a boat. decent stuff.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten