Thread: Vinyl Glue

Default Vinyl Glue

Is there such a thing? I’ve discovered two small tears in our vinyl and want to make sure they don’t get worst.

Luckily they are by hinges and in hidden corners that likely occurred due to opening and closing of compartments.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never tried any, but it seems to work on the tv ads!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Thanks! Saw JB weld has some as well. I just need some to reinforce. I’ll do some research just didn’t know if folks here had some first hand experiences

I used clear silicone and it lasted forever in the hinge area that isn't seen when closed.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

used superglue/gorilla glue and had decent results. if you can try, do it from the back side. more of a pita but less noticable. if you have a staple gun it's not hard.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

If it is somewhere that you will not see, then use Flextape. Clear or black if it happens to be a black seat. Just be ready for it to be wherever you put it for a long time. That stuff really holds and works like they say! We have used it to seal holes in metal gutters at our schools before, and it will last well beyond what you would expect a temporary patch to last.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Quote Originally Posted by eder10986 View Post
    Is there such a thing? I’ve discovered two small tears in our vinyl and want to make sure they don’t get worst.

Luckily they are by hinges and in hidden corners that likely occurred due to opening and closing of compartments.

Thanks!

This is stuff that I have found recommended on a number of different websites and forums. It sticks but yet is still flexible to use on seats.

2015 Moomba Mondo Surf Edition 6.2 L raptor with upgraded ballast (910s in back and 500 in front)

Quote Originally Posted by Wdavid View Post
    This is stuff that I have found recommended on a number of different websites and forums. It sticks but yet is still flexible to use on seats. Loctite Vinyl, Fabric and Plastic Repair Adhesive

Loctite Vinyl, Fabric and Plastic Repair Adhesive

2015 Moomba Mondo Surf Edition 6.2 L raptor with upgraded ballast (910s in back and 500 in front)