Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post
    Been a lot of discussion lately about extending the Bimini. Will admit last Sunday I tied up with two friends and we didn't move for almost 6 hours. (Thanks LetTieUp bumpers and @sandm for the box anchor)
    While sitting out things got hot. Real hot. Was thinking how nice some extra shade would be when parked. Few beers later and topic got brought up about adding a flag to the boat. Now here is where it comes together, Two flag pole holders. Angle them at a 45* with a 6-10' pole with a shade cloth between the two.
    Breaking it down, we have three main components the flag pole holders, the poles themselves, the fabric.

Flag pole holders- Looks like the Big Air 360* is the best and only real choice out there. Just watched their video and looks like they pulled 50lbs and the mount didn't budge. So the plan would be install two of these near the top of the tower so when angled backwards 45*-60* to provide canopy it would compliment the existing Bimini. Hoping they will be strong enough to hold.

Poles- The big air mounts looks like they can handle a 7/8" pole.
    So I'm thinking either a wooden dowel rod? 3/4" pvc (outside diameter is right at 7/8") or even trying to find an aluminum rod. I am completely at a loss for the pole so any suggestions welcome. Also maximum length y'all think this rig could handle before collapse
    Just tested out a piece of 3/4" metal conduit EMT, and easily put 40lbs on it with no bending hardly at all. Pvc moved a great deal however the sag wouldn't be the worst thing either..

Fabric- Thinking of a mesh or other super lightweight but shading fabric, I think if the wind could come through it great. Looked at some SPF fabrics as well. Sewing two sleeves in each side to slide the poles into. Really once done the poles and fabric could be rolled up and stored. Unroll slide poles into holders and done.

Below is a great shop approved drawing. Let me know what y'all think, anyone ever tried this? Anyone with a flag holder who can say?
    Step 1 will be buy the flag pole holders, Find an appropriate rod. Then lastly the fabric.
    I purchased the big air flag holders to extend the bimini. Just purchase the flag poles from big air also. They fit perfect of course and are strong enough to have a flag on them waving in the wind. Then come in different lengths. I shortened the ones I got to match the length of the canopy.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

I've been working on some ideas for this exact same thing, but haven't pulled the trigger yet because I'm still waiting on my ride to get the final measurements. I looked at sewlong, but didn't want to spend the $2K for it ... had to be a better way. Very interested to see how this turns out.
    2021 Makai
    2020 Yamaha 195S (for sale)

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Here's a pic of the Sewlong bimini on a Mojo.

It might be bigger but it's kinda fugly.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    For the price, you would think it would cover more.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    For the price, you would think it would cover more.
    The other thing equally as important for those of us without a lakehouse or a slip....how fast does it break down when it's time to hit the road?

It looks like it just barely reaches the windshield in terms of coverage.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

It seems like one of these could work:

https://oceansouth.us/shop/ttops/tto...SABEgJMG_D_BwE
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    The other thing equally as important for those of us without a lakehouse or a slip....how fast does it break down when it's time to hit the road?

It looks like it just barely reaches the windshield in terms of coverage.

Yeah for the price you get an extra foot or two of coverage is all..

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    It seems like one of these could work:

https://oceansouth.us/shop/ttops/tto...SABEgJMG_D_BwE
    All of these require fishing pole holders drilled into the boat
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Fishing pole holders.

THAT'S what makes the huk panties drop.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Josh828 View Post

All of these require fishing pole holders drilled into the boat
    Or
    https://www.seasucker.com/products/s...hoCDz0QAvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    I purchased the big air flag holders to extend the bimini. Just purchase the flag poles from big air also. They fit perfect of course and are strong enough to have a flag on them waving in the wind. Then come in different lengths. I shortened the ones I got to match the length of the canopy.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I missed this comment! Would love to see how it works out since you apparently have beaten me to the punch! Knew I couldn't have been the only one with the idea haha
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22

Im also worried about my clumsy friends all over the back of the boat taking out a pole haha so if everything extends from the tower no worries
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22