Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Anybody ever explored this option? Not sure about how it would look with one facing forward and one facing the rear but it would be super easy to deploy.

https://www.sureshade.com/rtx-pull-out-boat-shade/

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    - Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by htfit View Post
    Anybody ever explored this option? Not sure about how it would look with one facing forward and one facing the rear but it would be super easy to deploy.

https://www.sureshade.com/rtx-pull-out-boat-shade/

My brainstorming lead me down this path. I was able to find SS tubing that slid together 3/4 od and 1-1/8 od. Then I was going to use pins like the bimini top to secure once they slip out. Basically a 4ft piece with a slide out 4ft piece. The clamps were the issue. I had to buy raw aluminum clamps then weld the rod holder to them (never made it to this point). Next was fabric and I found sunbrella material local but never purchased.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Man I was hoping someone had fully committed so we can see the result. I would love to get more shade on the boat. The A3 bimini is fine for me as far as forward shade goes so I'm not seeing what the Sewlong bimini has to offer there over stock. My main gripe is lack of rear shade. My concern with the fiberglass pole is someone is eventually going to lean or accidentally grab the thing...and then what? Does it snap and slam into your nice gelcoat? I like the idea of the telescoping approach where you get shade but don't gain any "obstacles" to avoid like the fiberglass pole tent things that are becoming the next thing. There has to be a way to fab up some sort of telescoping arm that swing out of the way to stow and not cost a couple of grand.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I have the flag pole clamps on, rods cut to size, I just have to attach the fabric to the rods and it is done. I will try to finish it tonight and test it at the lake tomorrow.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

I also just like the idea of installing that sureshade about 2' back from the rear of the tower or as far back as possible without interfering with the rope and be able to deploy it forward and have plenty of shade.

- Jason
    2019 Moomba Max

This is a winter project for me. I sourced the framework and clamps because of covid. However, it got warm out and using the boat was a larger priority then adding to the boat.

Certainly not giving up on it just going to spend the time and do it right in the cold.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Did anyone ever complete this project? Any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    it's almost exactly what nautty uses on the paragon for extended sunshade.
    fiberglas poles in the back corners go up to sunbrella that is attached to the back of the bimini.
    nautty are using some recessed holes that the 'glas poles go into that are super slick but likely a couple bills each.

well since i already have HDPE for my custom swim platform pretty easy to drill holes in that
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    Trayson, where you at bruh? This would be right up your alley like the tent for your truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    where have i been and how did i miss getting called out. but for the record i ditched my truck bed tent for a fully self contained badass truck camper.

i think these would work great for telescoping poles
    https://www.amazon.com/Lineslife-Tel...39&sr=8-6&th=1
    and as a bonus you could use them if you suck at docking!

2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by jderb View Post
    Did anyone ever complete this project? Any pics?
    My wife told me NO.
    She then asked what is the purpose of being on the boat and outside if you aren't going to enjoy it.
    I had no way to argue because the factory bimini covers the drivers seat, and less work for me.
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow