Default Pull the engine to change starter?

We have a 2019 mojo pro with the 6.2 and it was flooded up to the starter this winter. I'm sure it needs to be replaced because I'm blowing the 20 amp fuse in the electrical box.

Can I get it out without pulling the motor? Do I need to pull the exhaust?

TIA

Nobody? How about a best guess? I'm going to start digging into it this evening and I hope to report back how easy it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennabeck View Post
    Nobody? How about a best guess? I'm going to start digging into it this evening and I hope to report back how easy it was.
    Well I have a 2006 and it was flooded and sat for a year so the starter was trash. I’m wondering if you could salvage that starter since it didn’t sit for a long time like mine. Maybe it just needs a bit of persuasion. Try giving her a wack with the hammer as someone else turns the key. If no joy there then maybe when you pull it out it could be cleaned up and put back into service. As far as removal I don’t know, I’ve never seen that engine compartment. That would suck to have to lift the engine but I can’t imagine that would be the case. You could call Skiers Choice to see what the process is for removal. They are pretty helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i highly doubt you would need to pull the motor for a starter.
    Random ebay photo but looks like it's right here and relatively easy to get to
    Screenshot 2021-05-27 095945.jpg
    2020 Supra SA

2016 lineup Indmar changed to a top mount starter. Should be able to pull the dog house and engine dividers and see it on the starboard side.

If you had water that far up in the winter, I hope you live in a warm climate. I would think you might have several other items to check once you get it to fire.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Kennabeck View Post
    We have a 2019 mojo pro with the 6.2 and it was flooded up to the starter this winter. I'm sure it needs to be replaced because I'm blowing the 20 amp fuse in the electrical box.

Can I get it out without pulling the motor? Do I need to pull the exhaust?

TIA
    Starter is accessible without pulling the engine, should be on the top portion of the bell housing towards the starboard side
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Thanks for the replies. It was a PITA but the motor stayed mounted the starter is top mounted and that saved the day. It's on the starboard side but at the bottom of the motor under the exhaust that needed to done by feel and not sight. The starter is toast, like a brick won't respond to any direct power. Water spilled out of it when we pulled it out since it was submerged for a few days. I'm hoping that is the only issue we run into getting back on the water.

Peace.