Default Bunk Board Replacement

After spending a couple hours yesterday replacing carpet on a couple of my bunk boards, I decided I would just replace the whole set of boards in short order. When I started my search for best board materials, I found these:
    https://www.ultimatebunkboards.com

Has anybody used UHMW bunk boards? Any thoughts?

-Zog

been debated on here or TO before(can't remember which). cliffnotes are spensive and can do 3 or 4 regular replacements with bunk carpet for the same cost as those. most owners aren't going to keep a boat trailer 15 years to see the ultimate payout. all assuming you replace the carpeted bunks yourself to save on the labor. having a dealer do it makes the other ones a little more cost effective over a longer term.

iirc they are nothing more than metal channels with trex on them. would want my boat sitting on carpet, not trex but that's all personal opinion.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

iirc they are nothing more than metal channels with trex on them. would want my boat sitting on carpet, not trex but that's all personal opinion.[/QUOTE]

This was my thought as well. I'll be replacing the carpet this year and if I ever need to replace the boards I'll use trex with carpet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Kind of what I thought. We replaced carpet on two boards yesterday and decided that the rest will be new boards with carpet preinstalled, since we were trying to beat sunset. Probably should have started before 6:30. I noticed the wood didn't look like pressure treated lumber and seemed like some kind of hard wood. Any recommendation? I am not sure I want to go with Trex since it has a lot more flex even if it does OK with respect to compression.

Trex is too flimsy to use. Would have to find a thicker version.

We always used pressure treated. Few $ more but wont split as quickly.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I don't know. I think CNC billet aluminum bunks would be cheaper than 2x4's these days.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    I don't know. I think CNC billet aluminum bunks would be cheaper than 2x4's these days.
    Yeah, but the staples you need to use to hold the carpet to aluminum will even out the cost over wood.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow