Default AutoWake seems off.

Looking for some advice on this. Spent a couple of days on our new lake and need some help with figuring out if I am doing something wrong or if something may be off with Autowake on my 2020 Kaiyen. Just had the first 20 hr service done, I had an issue with the screen and it was replaced under warranty. Everything else checked out great.

Just for additional background earlier this year, I towed her across the country (AZ to NY).

Okay, so the first few days on our new lake I am getting very low readings on autowake and can't improve them. Had 4 adults and 2 kids on the boat yesterday and The Potential stays in the bottom with full ballest an Actual seems to pegged on the floor and really doesn't move. Here is the screen and a short video of the wake. My son had a great time on wake and is just learning (hasn't been able to drop the rope yet), so I am wondering is the wake has enough push for him? Let me know what you guys think before I end up pulling her out and bring her into the dealer to be looked at.

I didn't have this issue last season in AZ so not ruling out something got bumped on the town across the country or not hooked up correctly with the screen replacement.

Thank you!

IMG_1751.jpg

2020 Kaiyen
    2006 LSV- Sold

I am new to surfing too, so definitely no expert, but wave doesn't look too bad for the weight/crew you have in the boat. Looks clean. My two kids just dropped the rope for the first time yesterday. It took several tries, and by several I mean half a day, but now they can do it every time. Now to learn some carving and other basic moves. Anyone with tips please share!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

What did it drain your bags to? If it drained the bags to much that could be your level?

Then again I've noticed mine yesterday finally got into the highest section. I just toggle it to see the angles then back to manual however after a few times I notices both mine or bottomed out at the floor and nothing had changed so
    Josh
    2021 Mojo, Sold 7/15/22
    2023 Supreme S240, on order

Good point I should have snapped a picture of that. I know they were not empty. The front was 80%, Right was nearly 100% and left was 50/60%.

The wake seems okay but not what I would expect to see on the screen..
    2020 Kaiyen
    2006 LSV- Sold

I’d think the 15’ depth would certainly factor into this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.5 on the roll seems a little high. Maybe drop that to 4 and that should add some water into that port bag as well if it was at 50-60%. Also move your passengers to starboard side to have it fill that port bag more.

Add 60% more fuel to

With it draining that much ballast you don’t have enough people onboard to really justify using Autowake IMO. It seems to work best for surfing if you either have a full or large crew onboard or have a lot of extra ballast (to mimic) a full crew. Otherwise it’s just going to dump ballast and likely never hit or be able to consistently hold the pitch and roll values (turn from orange to green).

Honestly I’d say don use AW for surfing unless you have the above mentioned taken care of. If you want the biggest wave fill all ballast full. For your kids perhaps you don’t need or want the biggest wave just yet.

You’re wave doesn’t look bad. Can’t really see push. That is something your surfer will need to tell you and that comes with technique and body position. They should be able to feel it and you should be able to see slack form in the rope if you’re driving.
    Last edited by haknslash; 05-24-2021 at 12:39 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold