Default Tower speaker wiring

just picked up our new makai last weekend, it's incredible by the way....anyway we got the tower prewired for speakers with amp included - does anyone have any info on the amp and also, any idea if the wiring is just speaker wire or is there rgb wiring as well? I forgot to look while I was with the boat and won't see it again for a few weeks, but would like to pick up some speakers in the meantime. regarding speakers, not looking to spend a ton, but any thoughts on Kicker's 8" cans?

For a surf and party cove setup, an 8" coaxial, such as the Kicker, is a great option. For more wake-range projection, id suggest a Horn Loaded Compression driver such as the Wet Sounds Rev-8 or 10 or the Kicker KMTC9 or 11. Solid amp wattage is also needed for good volume and sound quality.

If you have the room on the pro tower:
    Wet Sound 410. Mount 2 of them, but the amp will need be large.
    Rev 8 or 10 is a solid choice

The rest of your speakers are WS so this would keep it all matching. Otherwise, Kicker, JL Audio, etc. all make good choices. Need amp specs to pick the best bang for you buck.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    If you have the room on the pro tower:
    Wet Sound 410. Mount 2 of them, but the amp will need be large.
    Rev 8 or 10 is a solid choice

The rest of your speakers are WS so this would keep it all matching. Otherwise, Kicker, JL Audio, etc. all make good choices. Need amp specs to pick the best bang for you buck.
    for some reason moomba can't/won't give me any specs on the amplifier they installed, next time I'm at the boat I'll if I can find out some info, was just hoping to get the speakers before then, but no biggie.....unfortunately i share the boat with a bunch of other people who couldn't care less about having tower speakers, so not looking to go too crazy/expensive, so will probably shy away from the wetsounds even though they'd be the best match. I imagine the amp they installed is probably whatever they'd install if you do get the optional tower speakers, but who knows, they won't tell me and the dealer has no clue.

Just to help out....

The amp is going to be Wet Sounds also. My guess would be the HTX-2 or HTX-4.
    HTX-2 150W x 2 @ 4 ohms & 300W x 2 @ 2 ohms
    HTX-4 100W x 4 @ 4 ohms & 150W x 4 @ 2 ohms or Bridged 300W x 2 @ 4 ohms

If the Makai is coming with SYN-DX4 or SYN-DX4 then power goes up but configuration says the same.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Quote Originally Posted by Holdmybeer View Post
    Just to help out....

The amp is going to be Wet Sounds also. My guess would be the HTX-2 or HTX-4.
    HTX-2 150W x 2 @ 4 ohms & 300W x 2 @ 2 ohms
    HTX-4 100W x 4 @ 4 ohms & 150W x 4 @ 2 ohms or Bridged 300W x 2 @ 4 ohms

If the Makai is coming with SYN-DX4 or SYN-DX4 then power goes up but configuration says the same.
    ok, thanks for the info, I imagine the HTX-4 is powering four cabin speakers and the HTX-2 would be what was installed for the tower then......I'll double check when I'm back at the boat, but that's a big help regardless.

also, any idea if the wiring in the tower is just speaker wires or any chance they threw in rgb wiring as well? not a big deal if I can't hook up the led's should whatever speakers I get have them, but would be nice

Did you by chance figure out if the existing amp was already connected to the pre wires in your tower? I’m looking to add two tower speakers and I have the pre wire also.

Quote Originally Posted by nbirch View Post
    Did you by chance figure out if the existing amp was already connected to the pre wires in your tower? I’m looking to add two tower speakers and I have the pre wire also.
    +1. Looking for the same info