Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    What rock have you been living under?

These are not Kia Rio's....these are discretionary play toys.

Go try and get a Shelby GT500 or a Bronco (not the little sport-ute) or a C8 vette or any other situation in which demand far outweighs supply.

Unless the manufacturer puts an explict agreement in place, dealers can mark up as they see fit.

The Ford GT was an example and maybe the Demon (?) where the manufacturer explicitly prevented the dealer from applying markups over msrp.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I know on the demons the dealers had an easy work around on the ADM.

My buddy bought one without ADM because he buys fleets of trucks and the dodge dealer knows his company well.

The funniest part was he bought it as his winter car. Put snow tires on it and pissed off the entire hellcat community and he loved every minute of it.

Said it drove great in the snow, he did the same with a first year challenger HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    I know on the demons the dealers had an easy work around on the ADM.

My buddy bought one without ADM because he buys fleets of trucks and the dodge dealer knows his company well.

The funniest part was he bought it as his winter car. Put snow tires on it and pissed off the entire hellcat community and he loved every minute of it.

Said it drove great in the snow, he did the same with a first year challenger HC.

Snow tires?!? That's awesome

I remember seeing a concept widebody HC Challenger with awd...I can't remember if it made it into production but I bet it'd be a blast on a snow run.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

His summer car is a Ferrari 488 and he has a couple trucks, yet still rocked the demon instead.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    What rock have you been living under?

These are not Kia Rio's....these are discretionary play toys.

Go try and get a Shelby GT500 or a Bronco (not the little sport-ute) or a C8 vette or any other situation in which demand far outweighs supply.

Unless the manufacturer puts an explict agreement in place, dealers can mark up as they see fit.

The Ford GT was an example and maybe the Demon (?) where the manufacturer explicitly prevented the dealer from applying markups over msrp.

go try and buy a kia rio right now for less than msrp. dealer here won't even start negotiations until you hit msrp then goes up from there. guy I know walked into the dealer and offered msrp for a 2dr forte and they laughed.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

And good luck buying pool chlorine this year.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Since we're talking prices and how crazy the market is....

For anyone playing in crypto, this is either funny or painfully true.

I'm in both camps

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by Bryand View Post
    Just to clarify, they are asking full MSRP and then charging other 10K on top of the MSRP for shipping, crains, PDI, assembly, water test etc. Is that normal for Moomba dealers to charge extra for these items above MSRP, and if it is what is standard?
    Bryan,

I have been meaning to reach out on Facebook as I have seen your post there so here goes.

As I know you are in Canada (so am I) there is a few things to consider here.
    - First is that shopping around is not likely an option as we have limited dealers covering large territories so people suggesting to shop around will likely only give you the option to go to another manufacturer and even then your local dealer probably sells another brand as well so likely limited choices and in my shopping around other brands (ATX and AXIS) there were no deals to be had but you certainly should shop around a bit it is a big purchase.
    - Next as you can see in HFarr's quote/invoice yes adding for freight, PDI etc. are standard and he is paying almost $2k US and is located within 4 hours of the plant so shipping cross boarder to Canada is not cheap (distance, customs etc.) at all plus PDI etc. on top.
    - As for your price being quoted I purchased my boat on a the same type of deal (2021 for 2020 pricing) and it does have a time limit and your dealer will have a limited number of build spots available to them as well. After the time limit expires they will jack the price up it will happen this year and waiting to get a better price in this market is not really an option unless you are prepared to wait a year or multiple years (who knows) and with price increases year over year you are not really going to spend less if you wait even if the discount goes up. On top of this you have the exchange rate to contend with and that is a gamble on what it will do but if our dollar tanks back down to 60 cents then you eat any and all savings albeit make sure you clarify as you are often given the option of locking in at todays rate or paying the rate at time of crossing the boarder (when the dealer pays for the boat)
    - As for MSRP if you are using the current builder it is still showing 21 prices, if you are going off your dealers quote it should be on 21 prices so the discount will really be on the bill of sale on the boat when they show the 22 prices so to compare to current MSRP is not really accurate. You are essentially locking in at the current full MSRP and saving the inflated price point when they roll over to 22's and you can read on here with people who have not received their boats yet and are being told they are going to pay for the 22 upcharge which I think is nuts if you have a deposit down but I digress.
    - As for what you are being quoted after shopping around for a few years and knowing what I paid and what the market is currently I do not think you are being screwed, is it the boat show deals for in stock inventory that we saw a couple years ago ... no it is not but is it a fair price and better value than the used market right now (saw a 18 mondo in Kelowna going for $110k cad insanity!!!!)

I would be happy to discuss anything in more detail if you want to DM me feel free. This is a big purchase but times are not what they used to be and who knows when they will go back to normal and as I said by that time the normal year over year price increases will probably erode the deal if you compare todays deal to the future price let alone what the dollar is doing.
    2021 Moomba Mondo, 500lbs of lead, wake makers bag busters
    Raptor 400 1.76 15.5" x 15 prop, changing to 15.5" x 13.25 for summer of 2023

2018 Yamaha 212x (SOLD)

Wow guys. Reading all these recent posts makes me feel really fortunate where I live. You guys mentioned KIA's. Welllll, I just bought a 2021 AWD Kia Seltos for my daughter 3 weeks ago. Got it for over 4k less than msrp. We shopped around several dealerships, and did have one dealer add a $2,700 dealership markup. When we told him he was the only one to do that he quickly told us he would drop that, but it was too late, and his price still didn't beat any of the others who all still offered some sort of rebate.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Now this dealership did tell me the Telluride would get absolutely no discount. MSRP holds fast on those.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Why such high demand for Kia’s?

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan