Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HFarr View Post
    TXsurf4,
    I forgot that I had already seen your boat pics in some other posts. That doesn't look too bad. I may end up that route. From the pics above, it looks like our front ends are slightly different? Maybe its just where the Gatorstep is placed, or light reflections. Did anything change on these from 19 to 21?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I don’t think anything has changed, even the Gatorstep placement. Might just be the lighting. Here are a few pics of the front end that I could find on my phone.

With our spray patterns this location was the only place on the boat that was long enough and was all 1 color of gel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I don’t think anything has changed, even the Gatorstep placement. Might just be the lighting. Here are a few pics of the front end that I could find on my phone.

With our spray patterns this location was the only place on the boat that was long enough and was all 1 color of gel.

Ah yes. They are the same. The first angle was just a little bit deceiving. It looked like your gatorstep was on the center section of the bow. I think you may be right on the letter location too. I am also trying to make everything fit on one single color section.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub

Ah yes. They are the same. The first angle was just a little bit deceiving. It looked like your gatorstep was on the center section of the bow. I think you may be right on the letter location too. I am also trying to make everything fit on one single color section.
    O I got ya! I have the Gatorstep pieces to go on the Center section of the bow but I haven't put them on. Not even sure if I will put them on lol. I cant decide which look I like better. If I find we start using the bow to load on and off then I will definitely put them on but I don't see that happening.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

I have noticed the front of the Makai actually has several surface changes that the light, and shiny finish, seems to play with in photos. Funny you mentioned the center Gatorstep. When I first saw it in mine, I thought it would have made more sense to put it in the center and leave the two smaller sections next to it open. From a practical boarding standpoint anyway.

2021 Moomba Makai

Also put mine above the rub rail. I actually like the placement there. (2020 Makai)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    JB

- 2020 Makai

Well I have some domed numbers ordered. Said it would take about 15 days to get them though. I will post some pics when they arrive. I will probably put them up there too.
    2021 Moomba Makai

Had the same dilemma. Ended up above the rub rail behind the cleat. A little further back than normal but I like how it turned out.

2015 Mojo with autoflow

That's a more balanced place under the side glass, but is that "legal" per the placement instructions they send with the registration? I would hope DNR would not have an issue, but sometimes they can be particular.

2021 Moomba Makai

Quote Originally Posted by cpropes2005 View Post
    Had the same dilemma. Ended up above the rub rail behind the cleat. A little further back than normal but I like how it turned out.

What is your lift setup? I noticed the smaller pvc pipe next to the larger.

2021 Moomba Makai

That's a more balanced place under the side glass, but is that "legal" per the placement instructions they send with the registration? I would hope DNR would not have an issue, but sometimes they can be particular.

I did look them up before doing it. I want to say for Texas it said something like front half of the boat as the only requirement and it definitely meets that. Have had them for a full year now with no issues so far.

2015 Mojo with autoflow