Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Starter will not turn over

I have a 2011 Outback V. I went to put it in the water today and it wouldn’t turn over. I have a new fully charged battery. Everything else works as it should. When I turn the key I don’t even get a clicking sound. I’m thinking by reading previous threads it could be the ignition switch or relay. I have ordered the relay but I can’t find the exact ignition switch that is currently on the boat. Here is a photo of the one I have on the boat but I can’t seem to find the exact one (with the same part number) to purchase? Or did they change the part number? Can anyone let me know which ignition switch can be swapped for this one? Any other thoughts would be appreciated too.

3C38A180-BB83-494B-A710-3167FF74FBB3.jpgE22F88E6-E156-456A-A0C9-643016564F9A.jpg

Im not an expert at this but have made this mistake before.....

Make sure your kill switch is not engaged

Make sure the throttle is not in gear

That’s all I have. I’m sure others will offer more help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I made sure kill switch was good and it was in neutral. It started and ran great all summer long. I winterized it in October with no problems. I’m thinking it has to be a minor issue.

Looks to be a discontinued part number but I’m pretty sure this one will work based on what I could find on 95050-20:

Cole Hersee 95060-03-BX Plastic Rotary Ignition Switch (3 Position) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EJVU7X0...PR508Y60AHZCQY
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Thanks for the reply. I will order that one and see if it will work.

Did you reset the big breaker in the back?

I did not reset any breaker in the back. Where is this breaker located? My old boat had one in visible sight but I haven’t come across one for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc2011 View Post
    I did not reset any breaker in the back. Where is this breaker located? My old boat had one in visible sight but I haven’t come across one for this one.
    I’m not 100% sure on a 2011 but on my 2006 it’s underneath a shelf my engine computer sits on located forward of the engine

Did you winterize it, or did you have it done? I think its highly unlikely its the ignition switch. You should have 12V at the back of the ignition switch if all power is correct. I would double check the kill switch and the gear selector to make sure its in neutral as others have indicated. Try moving the shift selector slightly back and forth as you try and start it. I think you'll find something simple.

Thanks for the suggestions. I winterized it myself and it ran perfect all summer. No problems during the winterization either. I’m heading back up next week and will check on the kill switch and the gear selector. I also purchased a relay and new ignition switch just in case. Air case scenario I will have an extra relay and ignition switch.