Default Check engine light - 2012 Mojo 2.5

Hi there - I took possession of a 2012 Mojo 2.5 last year. When i splashed this spring the check engine light came on. I can't seem to extract from the display any kind of code to give me a clue as to what is wrong. It's likely the O2 sensor but want to make sure before i go replacing as they appear to be about $230 CAD a pop.

Any advice on how to navigate the control panel and where to look on extracting the error code. I've been told by a person who works on these that you have to hook up a special diagnostic tool to read the codes....is that true ?

Thx in advance

Ron

Hey there Ron, I have a 2014 Mojo 2.5 (345 engine) that I took possession a couple years ago. I actually got that error within a week of having my boat. I haven't gotten it fixed yet, as it never seems to go into limp mode and looks to be just the sensor - I actually forgot to ask dealer to look at it last year. I only have one sensor alarming. My fault warning is SPN 3050 FMI 11 ... Keep me posted what you get done. I get my boat in a couple of weeks, so will try to get the dealer to change the sensor and keep you posted as well. I live in Ottawa, but our boat is at our quebec cottage. If we're just out surfing, which is 90% what we do - the sensor never goes off and all is fine. If I take the boat out for a longer rip at 20 + mph for a distance it goes off, and is gone next time out.
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Forgot to mention - I can go through the menu on mine to see what the code is.
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Hi Costanza - mechanic said it was oxygen sensor that needs to be replaced....I'm not sure what the fault warning is. Also now my speedometer is not work (sometimes works, but 80% of time registers 0 km/hr. Let me know if you have ever replaced the transducer...Thx Ron
    Ron
    2012 Mojo 2.5

I have a 2014 moomba mojo and I’m having trouble with code 3266 which is ego4 lazy but I’ve checked on the wires they all checked out ok on the meter and I’ve put a mew sensor so my only option is changing the cats does anyone happen to have any advice on that code? Or what I could be? Thanks

I had a issue with mine and the wires were just rubbed if you open the big door in the center and check the wires for corrosion or a bad spot and make sure the wheel spins on it free.