Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Check valves were added to ensure I get a good method for draining the bags since the extra overflow was added. My bags now draw up like vacuum formed prunes and have very, very little residual water left in them when drained. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you TXSurf!

Thanks Hayden! Well worth doing the overflow and I should have done it last year when I added the ballast.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Does anyone have the timer info for the wakemakers rear and mid ship? We do not have the upgraded ballast.
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

G3 pumps are ~11gpm.

Water is 8.34lb/gallon.

Not sure how much weight the upgrade is but you can take the weight of the bag / water weight to get gallons, then divide the 11gpm to get minutes.

ex.
    1100lb bag/8.34/11 - 12 mintues to fill (my rear mojo bag)
    Last edited by Holdmybeer; 07-12-2021 at 11:30 AM.
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Did some research and wanted to help and add to my first response.

The 2 bag to 4 bag upgrade is going to take some serious time to fill if you only have the G3 (3 pump) setup.

1885lb per side = ~20 minutes each - just max out the timer and wait for it to dump out the overflows
    Center is 1000lb = ~10.5 minutes

Hope this helps
    2015 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    4,000lbs
    Manual Flow

Perfect thanks, yeah it will take some time but it sure beats manually filling both mid ship bags.. That still takes way longer than 20 min. Thank you for the info
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Is there any concern with the overflow from either of the bags flowing down into the other via gravity? I'm adding in a midship piggy backed to my subfloors on my Makai so I'm looking at yours as an amazing example.

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Here is how I tied in my rear bag overflow to the midship overflow, then down to the check valve and finally out the boat. The idea of putting the T like that instead of like T to tie in the rear and midship bags inline was I didn't want a cycle of the midship back-flowing into the rear bag or visa versa. The way I have it is kind of like a waterfall for each overflow bag to dump down into the check valve. Seems to work great and my backs have never drained as tight and empty as they do now.

Here is what I made outside the boat where it's easier to work and then trimmed it to fit once inside the compartment...

2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by benny32 View Post
    Is there any concern with the overflow from either of the bags flowing down into the other via gravity? I'm adding in a midship piggy backed to my subfloors on my Makai so I'm looking at yours as an amazing example.
    No issue at all. That’s why I T’d into the rear overflow below where the midship could go back into the rear bag. The midship overflow would go down and not up where the rear overflow is. Alternatively the rear would go down than down + across to go into the midship, hence why I referred to it as a waterfall layout . Works great!
    Last edited by haknslash; 11-25-2021 at 10:43 PM.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Awesome, my new midships and plumbing supplies arrive today from wakemakers so I'm excited to get this setup. My wife isn't as excited about losing the storage but I didn't buy a cargo ship, I bought a wakeboat!
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by benny32 View Post
    Awesome, my new midships and plumbing supplies arrive today from wakemakers so I'm excited to get this setup. My wife isn't as excited about losing the storage but I didn't buy a cargo ship, I bought a wakeboat!
    LOL!! I feel for your future. Let us know how it works out. I can see you sporting a "luggage rack" on your tower when your wife wants to carry some extra items!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Black Cherry Metal Flake & Fire Red
    Nibral OJ 15.5x15 Altitude/Wake prop w/1.76 trans v-drive
    Wet Sounds bow speakers & 10's on the Tower & ported sub